Re: Why not a Knockdown Dome?

by GuardianReaper0

Original Post

@BillyCrash100 Killing someone when they're knocked down is already cheap enough. To be honest, it should be made challenging. Really want that kill? Finish of the rest squad, or waste your ammo. I hate the fact that the team that gets ressed is a freekill.
Message 11 of 38 (567 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@OnlymeCDT I absolutely agree with discouraging players from just focusing on getting "greedy" kills- and instead focus on the whole team. But at the same time, there are times where it's reasonable to "double-tap", or finish off a downed enemy. I like making good use of Finishers anyways-! But, sometimes I'll carry a sidearm with Hammerpoint Hop-up; Just for the sake of finishing off certain enemies quickly- knocked down too. Or, If I'm carrying a shotgun, I will quickly finish an enemy who isn't actively using a knockdown shield or just can't "block" my fire.

Nevertheless... it's so disappointing when I see a player focus on a downed opponent (For way too long) who's blocking all their shots. From my teammates perspective, AND when I clean the floor with a squad who gets greedy for my downed teammates; It's sad to see. I'm fine with the shields as they are though.

Message 12 of 38 (564 Views)

★★★ Pro
@OnlymeCDT NOOOOOOOOO!!!

How about infinte life?
The knock down shield are op as is and im tired of having to fight so hard to finish fights.
Message 13 of 38 (556 Views)

★★★ Pro
@Peri_Longbow_plz
If you lose you lose!
Git gud, ir cry me a river.
Message 14 of 38 (555 Views)

@hhnbbfggty66 Yes, thank you for your detailed argumentation on why this feature wouldn't be good to have in this game. I'm glad you took your time to point out all the issues, potential story related conflicts and abuses with this system. It all looks so clear now.

Jokes aside, killing a downed target is about as skillful as killing a Paratrooper during war with a sniper. Hence why I'm not doing it. I would much rather kill the whole squad without cheesy kills than going ahead and taking down downed targets only to rack up this kill counter for... what reason exactly? Flex? Never too sure what's going through the head of a hardcore player, to be quite honest with you.
Message 15 of 38 (535 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@OnlymeCDTWell there not exactly pointless. If you have good movement or high sensitivity you could save a couple shots. Plus I have had many times where I have my knockdown shield out right in front of my teammate so I was able to block a couple shots which allowed him to win the fight. The whole point of knockdown shields is to make it slightly more difficult to finish you, so it takes longer. That extra second or 2 may make the difference for your teams life or death. For example, I was knocked and I had my shield out and I was blocking a couple of the shots and was about to be finished but my teammates killed him because he was focused on me. Knockdown shields aren’t necessarily meant to completely stop you from being finished. They’re there to make it harder for you to be finished and adding a little bit of extra time for you to be finished. You could say better players can easily avoid knockdown shields, but they are still focused on you, not your teammates making them an easy target. @Peri_Longbow_plz @You said that it was cheap to finish. Yes in some cases I totally agree with. I’ll watch players like Devi and he is sometimes finishing just so he in can get the kill in public matches. Like I said in my last post, In ranked finishing is very necessary because sometimes that’s all you will need so that you will get that extra rp so you don’t lose any or as much. Plus like I also said in my last post, I like to finish when I don’t have enough time to pull of a shield battery so I NEED to finish so I can get the shield swap.

Message 16 of 38 (459 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I like the idea of knockdown domes rather than shields. Would also fit well with another post I just put up a bit ago suggesting if you don’t have a shield and do have a pistol you should be able to use the pistol.

Making shields into domes would then make both of them equally good options. Good suggestion! Hope mine gets as much attention, lol

Message 17 of 38 (440 Views)

★ Guide
@GuardianReaper0 Domes would be nice because staying alive and not having to be respawned is always nice. But like I said being finished is necessary sometimes because in ranked people need rp and in public matches and ranked people need shield swaps and heals. Plus say your in storm and you don’t have any heals and you just knocked someone. They put there dome up and now you are screwed. You gotta reload a bunch of times to finish him and he could have maybe one heal.
Message 18 of 38 (415 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

@BBY_YOD4 wrote:
@GuardianReaper0Domes would be nice because staying alive and not having to be respawned is always nice. But like I said being finished is necessary sometimes because in ranked people need rp and in public matches and ranked people need shield swaps and heals. Plus say your in storm and you don’t have any heals and you just knocked someone. They put there dome up and now you are screwed. You gotta reload a bunch of times to finish him and he could have maybe one heal.

You can still execute through the shield. If you knock them and they die to storm it still rewards the kill and points to you does it not?

Message 19 of 38 (393 Views)

★★ Pro

@Peri_Longbow_plz wrote:
@hhnbbfggty66Yes, thank you for your detailed argumentation on why this feature wouldn't be good to have in this game. I'm glad you took your time to point out all the issues, potential story related conflicts and abuses with this system. It all looks so clear now.

Jokes aside, killing a downed target is about as skillful as killing a Paratrooper during war with a sniper. Hence why I'm not doing it. I would much rather kill the whole squad without cheesy kills than going ahead and taking down downed targets only to rack up this kill counter for... what reason exactly? Flex? Never too sure what's going through the head of a hardcore player, to be quite honest with you.

I can give you arguments for him.

First and the most important reason is, why you should be awarded with a dome, when you are killed(in Apex knocked) ?

In any other game when you die, you actually die, you don`t have a second chance.

You got youself into a fight and you get outmatched and died - period.

I undestand the knock and revive mechanics, and they are okay, but they are already enough.

Knockdown shields are already too much. They are there for a reason. Lets said you are down by a chance or trying to chase and finish a guy or just get a unfortunate knock, and if your teammates win the fight you can get revive or so.

But in any other BR, when your down your down on the ground and you can move very slowly and got nothing to protect you. If your teammates are close they can safe you, by killing the enemey before they focus on you Otherwise its entirely your own fault for getting knock/killed.

Why you should be awarded by being the worst player in the current situation, and why should i(for example) should be penalized and not get the kill i deserved ?

What is the sense in order to kill someone with purple you need to do 200 damage, and in order to kill someone with a Knockdown shields i need to do either 200/450 or 750 damage just to break the shield and then i need to do 100 more damage in order to get a kill.

Its already stupid and strong enough. Knockdown shields are there to prevent a really fast kill. Not only that but there is a no-hit reg when you down someone and trying to finish him asap. You are not inflicting any damage, but your wasting shots and making yourself vulnerable, which is already stupid enough.

Next argument is third party. This will make it way worst. When i down someone i should be able to focus and kill him straight away if i got the time. This will stretch the fight by a lot and in the wrong way.

If you/they want a Higher TTK, they should just nerf damage or buff armor/health and nerf the healing a bit. It will be actually better and reward skill more.

But when your down your down, nothing should be there to prevent you from getting entirely kill, except your teammates.

Next one you are losing a fight, and instead of getting deservedly killed, you are actually getting a reward a full shield ..... This is straight up dumb.

Also your making a point to fight the rest of your squad, but this limit my gameplay by a lot. This makes already insanely imbalance 1v2 or 1v3 fight, and make them even more impossible.

This limit strategy/tactic to lure and separate enemy and killed them 1 by 1.

And what if i down someone and decide to go for the rest of their squad, but they decide to run, and i either have to do lets said 850(shield and health) full damage in order to kill the target i already killed ..... Or should i chase and make myself vulnerable to third party even more .....

Wrong on all sides.

As i said it million times. Don`t mess with people kills. I`m playing for kills. If i get knocked, its because i was outmatched and i deserved. If my teammates are there to safe me - good, if not it was entirely my fault.

All revive stuff should be kept to normal, no auto-revive b.c., no dome faster revive, and such b.c. This only makes the game and the whole experience worst and not feel satisfying.

Message 20 of 38 (364 Views)