Re: Why not a Knockdown Dome?

by BBY_YOD4

Original Post

Why not a Knockdown Dome?

★★★★★ Novice

Hello,

I think that there needs to be a major buff to all knockdown shields. Thirsting is a big thing in this game and can be really irritating, why don't you change them from sheild's, to domes. You would activate it as usual (i play on PS4 so it would be R2) and instead of it just covering your front, it would cover you completely, a similar way to how Gibbys dome works. This would then discourage players from wasting ammo to destroy your dome and encourage them to finish off the engagement, then loot your body once the squad has been eliminated.

If this was the case and this was implemented, the damage of the dome may have to be re thought, maybe a slightly lower damage output for them. 

I do think that this will change the way the game feels and maybe wont leave the player disheartened when they are knocked, it will give the player a sense of hope and that they will actually feel protected from a thirsty player, and to give your squad a better opportunity to revive you. 

This may be a stupid idea to some people, but i think it'll be a big and welcome change to many Standard smile

Charlie T.

Message 1 of 38 (1,199 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Best idea I’ve ever seen, 100% agree.

Message 2 of 38 (1,174 Views)

I actually agree with this idea. Knockdown shields are about as useful as energy ammo on a P2020.

Message 3 of 38 (1,172 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

😂 I do think it would be a welcome change and make them so much more viable and useful. Energy ammo on a P2020 haha

Message 4 of 38 (1,073 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Wink 

Message 5 of 38 (1,072 Views)

★★★★ Novice

When I first read the topic I thought it was gonna be something stupid But this sounds like the best idea I’ve ever seen and should definitely be added next patch

Message 6 of 38 (997 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@OnlymeCDTI like the idea but I think it should only be on gold knockdowns. So the you will have the shield and the self res. I think in the normal knockdown shields shouldn’t have it because as much as getting knocked then finished is annoying you have realize that sometimes the other player had a reason for it. Like a shield swap or they ran out of ammo. In ranked it would be the worst because people need to finish in order to rank up sometimes.

Message 7 of 38 (944 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Yea I understand what you're saying, then in that case we might as well get rid of all knock down sheilds and just keep the gold self res then, as the rest of them would be pointless in my opinion 

Message 8 of 38 (931 Views)

@OnlymeCDT Yes, you are right. Knockdown Shields would still be pointless.
Message 9 of 38 (903 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I think that a "Knockdown Dome" should have half the HP of their equivalent Knockdown Shield in order to be balanced (for example a level 2 - blue dome should block 225 damage compared to the 450 of a blue shield), and also lock you down to the ground so you can't move at all while you have it activated. At least that way you have a choice between the two and not just go with the dome for obvious reasons.

Also, a gold dome should not have a self res, but instead something like double bleed out timer, because trying to finish off someone that has a dome so they don't self revive would be pretty annoying. For gold shield you just have to get behind them.

Message 10 of 38 (873 Views)