Why is the spitfire so broken?

by RealCasm

Original Post

Why is the spitfire so broken?

★★★ Newbie

Why does the spitfire do the same damage as a flatline? It literally begs the question of why pick up a flatline when I could pick up a gun that uses the same ammo for less recoil and a bigger mag size. There's literally no point in the flatline being in the game rn.

Message 1 of 5 (911 Views)

Re: Why is the spitfire so broken?

★★★ Guide

There are several reasons.

The spitfire has bigger ADS moving penalty(aim down sight) -60%, in comparison to flatline, which has -50%. Slight difference, but still.

It may have the bigger magazine, but it fires slower than flatline. What means, that fast firing weapons can destroy you at close. More likely, than in case of having the flatline.

Flatline can equip anvil receiver, what allows you to deal a lot of damage by one shot. Spitfire cannot do that.

To be honest, i was never able to perform well with spitfire, from machine guns i prefer L-STAR. But i won't give up on it.

Love the sound,  when you shoot, and your magazine gradually becomes emptier. When you fire last bullet, there is a cool sound too.Thumbs up

Message 2 of 5 (862 Views)

★★ Expert
@DesertDust91 All I know is after someone knocks me I just get a full spitfire mag until my knockdown shields gone and im dead... its happened so many times and im getting sick of it rather quickly
Message 3 of 5 (853 Views)

★★★ Guide

In my case - i noticed, that spitfire is the favorite weapon of caustics. Countless times i met caustic which was firing spitfire from the hip at close and managed to knock me down...

Message 4 of 5 (834 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

I think the Spitfire is actually in a solid place right now. Before the buff there was really not any reason to pick it, the Flatline outperforms it in close quarters, the hemlock is straight-up better in all aspects, Wingman will murder this gun like a piece of * in mid-long range. Hex, the R-301 can even compete with that gun thanks to its much higher fire rate and reload speed. Now the gun has some good reasons to pick up and have some ground to compete with other heavy ammo weapons: More ammo compacity and easier control spray pattern than Flatline with a trade-off is reloading at much slower speed and the Hemlock is better at being an ammo-eco friendly gun with better poking damage from long range, especially the single-fire mode and Wingman is still the Wingman if you can hit the shot

Message 5 of 5 (795 Views)