Why is the Wingman still in the game?

by Imterriblehelpme

Original Post

Why is the Wingman still in the game?

★★★★ Apprentice

You still move at insane speed while ADS.

It does almost as much damage as the Longbow with a bigger clip, faster fire rate and no attachment requirements for accuracy.

Incredibly accurate while spamming.

Reload speed is close to the fastest in the game.

No ammo requirement whatsoever.

No damage dropoff and insane headshot range while increasing headshot damage with Skullpiercer.

It can have the relatively easy to find Digital Threat 1X on it.

Seriously, who the * designed this and why the * isn't it removed from the game entirely until it's fixed?

Message 1 of 33 (2,456 Views)

Re: Why is the Wingman still in the game?

★★★ Guide

Same idiot that designed the peacekeeper 

Message 2 of 33 (2,443 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Just use the gun?

Whats the problem? Its a heavy weapon, expect it to deal heavy damage, its a pistol, expect it to reload fast. Like it or not it's balanced for its type of weapon and ammo type.

Even then you still need skill to land shots and headshots, maybe the problem isn't the gun?

Maybe you just need to git gud.

Message 3 of 33 (2,389 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

@RustingHeart wrote:

Just use the gun?

Whats the problem? Its a heavy weapon, expect it to deal heavy damage, its a pistol, expect it to reload fast. Like it or not it's balanced for its type of weapon and ammo type.

Even then you still need skill to land shots and headshots, maybe the problem isn't the gun?

Congratulations at using the worst argument in the book. The answer to something being broken isn't "just use it". The game shouldn't be a Wingman vs Wingman shitfest where anyone who doesn't want to use it has an objective disadvantage. The Wingman is easy to use and the fact that you are implying it is not just means you suck at the game in general.

Message 4 of 33 (2,384 Views)

★ Guide

@RustingHeart wrote:

Just use the gun?

LMAO this is an example of the worst type of gamer these days.  Cannot and will not objectively look at what is META or OP.  Thinks they are just special or talented and can’t factor in the advantages they get in this game probably only playing wraith and using wingman/peacekeeper.

Bad players are not the ones asking for wingman nerfs.  Everyone is at every spectrum even EA has a post out here saying they are reviewing data.  

Message 5 of 33 (2,372 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Tl:dr, git gud, Mozambique sucks almost as much as your attitude towards a counter argument.

First of all, the worst type of gamers are ones that rely too much on the meta, and no, wraith is one of my least played characters and despite what you may think i rarely use the wingman and peacekeeper, don't be so quick to judge me and my gameplay style just because you have a major issue with some parts of a game, if these weapons were really a problem then they would have been nerfed within the first week.

Listen, those two weapons are sure heavy hitters but they still have disadvantages, especially in long, drawn out battles.

Just taking a look at a basic dps chart you can see that other guns can out damage them easily, it's all situational.

You'll always lose and complain and cry that it's not your fault because "that gun is op" when really that player is just good enough to put himself in a position or situation where that gun excells compared to another gun.

Characters have counters in this game, and so do the guns.

To counter the wingman, get close, the closer the better, its hard to aim at someone when they're in your face and jumping around you with the wingman, but not with other guns like the R99, Alternator, Prowler, And Eva-8.

To counter the peacekeeper you get higher or lower than them, doesn't matter as long as you're not running directly at them like a monkey.

"Don't do it i have the high ground" is a thing that exists.

For the Peacekeeper that also exists with the low ground.

Literally all you have to do is learn how the game works, the players work, and the guns.

You can even go so detailed that you can tell what level barrel stablizer they have based on their recoil, or shotgun barrel they have based on how fast they are shooting, the simplest example is thinking "oh * he has a level 3 extended mag" when someone never runs out of a clip when shooting at you.

I'm not some random toxic player that uses the most op weapons and denies they are op just to feel superior or better than everyone else, above all else i have fun with the game and help everyone else have fun.

I'm just some random pro player that knows his *, and the * that i know is that all weapons except the Mozabique are both overpowered and underpowered.

It all depends on how you play, how you position yourself, and how much you know about the game.

All you need to know to win any game and against any gun is their effective range.

Play the game more and you'll understand it, but don't play only to understand it, don't forget to have fun, and loosen up, if you wanna cry about a gun then cry about how useless the Mozambique is like every other pro.

Message 6 of 33 (2,361 Views)

★ Guide

@RustingHeart wrote:

Tl:dr, git gud, Mozambique sucks almost as much as your attitude towards a counter argument.

First of all, the worst type of gamers are ones that rely too much on the meta, and no, wraith is one of my least played characters and despite what you may think i rarely use the wingman and peacekeeper, don't be so quick to judge me and my gameplay style just because you have a major issue with some parts of a game, if these weapons were really a problem then they would have been nerfed within the first week.

Listen, those two weapons are sure heavy hitters but they still have disadvantages, especially in long, drawn out battles.

Just taking a look at a basic dps chart you can see that other guns can out damage them easily, it's all situational.

You'll always lose and complain and cry that it's not your fault because "that gun is op" when really that player is just good enough to put himself in a position or situation where that gun excells compared to another gun.

Characters have counters in this game, and so do the guns.

To counter the wingman, get close, the closer the better, its hard to aim at someone when they're in your face and jumping around you with the wingman, but not with other guns like the R99, Alternator, Prowler, And Eva-8.

To counter the peacekeeper you get higher or lower than them, doesn't matter as long as you're not running directly at them like a monkey.

"Don't do it i have the high ground" is a thing that exists.

For the Peacekeeper that also exists with the low ground.

Literally all you have to do is learn how the game works, the players work, and the guns.

You can even go so detailed that you can tell what level barrel stablizer they have based on their recoil, or shotgun barrel they have based on how fast they are shooting, the simplest example is thinking "oh * he has a level 3 extended mag" when someone never runs out of a clip when shooting at you.

I'm not some random toxic player that uses the most op weapons and denies they are op just to feel superior or better than everyone else, above all else i have fun with the game and help everyone else have fun.

I'm just some random pro player that knows his *, and the * that i know is that all weapons except the Mozabique are both overpowered and underpowered.

It all depends on how you play, how you position yourself, and how much you know about the game.

All you need to know to win any game and against any gun is their effective range.

Play the game more and you'll understand it, but don't play only to understand it, don't forget to have fun, and loosen up, if you wanna cry about a gun then cry about how useless the Mozambique is like every other pro.

No one is going to read your overly long counter argument.  Git gud at self reflection and realizing what’s OP to everyone and stop acting as if your some gaming prodigy.

you posting that long of a post tells me I struck a nerve truth hurts yeah?

Message 7 of 33 (2,359 Views)

★★★★ Novice

It was the quickest reply, sorry if it didn't live up to your standards, look at my reply to the other guy. It should have everything you need to wet your whistle, or you can ignore it and complain somewhere else to get the satisfaction of having other new players agree with you.

There is only one gun in the game that should be removed from the game and if you still think it's the wingman after reading what i said on the other reply then maybe this game is tok complex for you.

And chill, you have no right to curse the developers about something they made just because you're dissatisfied with it, especially since you have no experience with balancing and your argument is "remove this *"

Message 8 of 33 (2,357 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Look in the mirror and say this”everyone knows wingman is the best overall weapon in the game and OP”. It doesn’t make you good or bad to admit this it makes you sane.  

If your good at FPSs it makes you better if your bad using it and practicing it lowers the skill gap against good players.  

Accept it!

feel free to link or quote where I ever said remove it lmao.  Git gud at reading.

Message 9 of 33 (2,296 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Sorry, that was the OP who said that, and since you're defending him it's only natural for me to think you agree with him.

Since you were clearly too overwhelmed by last reply to even try reading it all i'll make a better tl:dr for it.

Tl:dr above being a counter argument to you and the OP's question/ issue, it's also an explanation and proper answer to it.

My first initial reply was just a quick answer to it, since i was just getting out and going into another game of Apex when i wrote it.

Now calm down, go away, play Apex, have fun.

Or with your personality i'll literally pray you are capable of having fun.

Message 10 of 33 (2,214 Views)