When the rework for Level 4 armor and Legendary Knockdown?

by Leo_the_Lion25

Original Post

When the rework for Level 4 armor and Legendary Knockdown?

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

Level 4 Armor should give you 25 Shields if you eliminated someone. A squad wipe would result in 75 shields if the person killed all three.

Knockdown shield needs to fully restore your health and shield and also makes sure your weapon is fully loaded when you get up. This is a second chance and if you pulled the resurrect off. You deserve to be 100% when you get up. Not 30 HP where a punch can kill you. 

Reason I said fully loaded weapon is because if you get knocked and resurrect yourself. Your weapon will no be loaded. It will be whatever was in it when you got knocked. I could have easily won't the game but no, I had to resurrect, heal and oh crap. You tell me my gun wasn't even loaded. Dude lit me up! 

Message 1 of 12 (553 Views)

Re: When the rework for Level 4 armor and Legendary Knockdown?

★★ Guide

Ive heard a streamer say the same about the first one. Its Level 4 armor isnt even good unless somehow no one is around and youre short on shield cells. I also agree with the res shield. If you manage to not get finished and take all that time getting back up, thats on the enemy. You should be rewarded

Message 2 of 12 (527 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

@Leo_the_Lion25
The down shield should give full health.

Have a purple down shield.

The armor should make you invincible while doing finishers!

Invincible finishers would be the funniest!

Imagine whole squads shooting at you while your doing your finisher, as they are completely helpless as they watch you kill their mate!

HA HA Ha... That would be so funny

Message 3 of 12 (522 Views)

★★ Pro

The gold knockdown shield is absolutely fine.  It's a last-ditch attempt for when your team have all already been soundly beaten.  There's no reason to buff it when the fact that it exists at all is already 1 more chance than ANY of us get in most games Standard smile

The gold armor, however - is effectively useless as anything other than purple armor.  I've never once used the gold armor's special ability in more than a thousand hours played.  In theory it's a nice boon, but it just doesn't work out in practice at all.

Message 4 of 12 (508 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

@hhnbbfggty66  Level 4 Armor 200 shield + 100 health hmm No! Tongue out bullet sponge and unbalanced

Message 5 of 12 (492 Views)

★★★ Pro
@SpyrosFPS But it would be fun!
And it would be high coveted!
200 Armor reminds me of the double-stack boss health from old side scrollers like War of the Gems, and Streets of Rage.
That Extra bar of Health would be so sick!
It would make the average person using it like a God or something!
Boss status... OP!
Message 6 of 12 (472 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

@AnlbrdThe Gold Armor would work if Finishers made you invincible like in Titanfall 2.

It would be great if Gold Armor made you invincible while doing finishers.

That would be funny!

Message 7 of 12 (469 Views)

★★ Expert
@hhnbbfggty66 this alone sounds like the one buff it needed
Message 8 of 12 (454 Views)

★ Guide
@Anlbrd The only problem I have with the knockdown shield is that you can't you can't use it as a knockdown shield due to it causing immediate thirst. If it was purple instead and gave off gold sparks on hit as a tell, that would make it a bit better.
Message 9 of 12 (441 Views)

★★ Pro
@NNeil6991 Only for the first week mate and then it would mean everyone would thirst purple shields in the same way they do gold right now, I reckon.

The most consistent factor to me getting a self-revive off and surviving after it is that the team who killed us were immediately 3p and pushed off, giving me just enough time to do it, grab banners and bail. This is easier because I play a mobility character but that's more of a reason to give the KD shield to your wraith/oct/PF. This is where the conversation becomes purely about opinion - I personally don't want this item to be useful in any but the rarest situations, because if an entire team is knocked : they've already 'lost' the game once and it should be practically impossible for them to come back and win the game. The fact that we've done this but it's rare and took some serious dancing to pull off is proof to me that the standard I would want the item to be held to is being met.

@hhnbbfggty66 The thing about gold shield making you untouchable whilst doing finishers is interesting and worth exploring but my skin crawls at the thought of things like invincibility and damage soak in this type of game unless it's done incredibly well (like wraiths phase).

If I try to think about this in the following way : "This item needs to be made more useful, in the original spirit of its design - what is the smallest change needed to make it work" - the first thing I come up with is speeding up finishing moves. I know the animation would look stupid, and maybe it should mean that there are abbreviated finishers for all characters : like they just lean over someone and shoot them in the head, all a similar skeleton animation but adjusted for individual player models to not be clipping etc, something that leaves the current mechanic for the armor in place but makes it actually usable.
Message 10 of 12 (434 Views)