When are Disruptor Rounds being changed?

by WoahItsTea

Original Post

When are Disruptor Rounds being changed?

★★★★★ Apprentice

The Alternator with Disruptor Rounds remains too powerful. Players who use the gun with the hop-up will always win unless the other players also has the same setup. It still only takes around 5 bullets to destroy a level 3 (purple) shield and due to the Alternator's spray pattern this is almost guaranteed regardless of how skilful the player is. The most recent 'nerf' did practically nothing. 

Either:

• Disruptor Rounds become a Legendary Hop-Up along with Skullpiercer & Turbocharger.
  • Dirsuptor Rounds no longer deal extra shield damage but rather slow players hit regardless of fortified passive.

If you reduce the amount of damage they do to shields the hop-up will only lose it's intended purpose.

Message 1 of 5 (579 Views)

Re: When are Disruptor Rounds being changed?

★★★ Guide
@WoahItsTea They are definitely not as powerful as they were, they are meant to be equally as good as picking up an R99 or an R301.
Message 2 of 5 (560 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Disruptor + alternator deals 22dmg to shields & 15 to health with low rate of fire.

So it takes a total of 12 shots (5 to shields & 7 to health)  with 100% accuracy.

For example R301 requires 14 shots but with way higher rate of fire and is more accurate.

Spitfire also requires 12 shots with more or less the same rate of fire.

And those weapons works way better if the opponents havn't 100hp shields since disrupors are "less effective".

Alternator have also weaker range because of lower projectile velocity & more drop.

It's a strong and versatile weapon but not OP anymore. sorry and requires more attachments that previously quoted weapons.

The optimal way tu use it is to destroys shields for your team finishing them (wich requires a lot of coordination) or cracking shield, swich weapon on cover & finish the target, wich require good map awareness.

both arn't that easy to do.

Message 3 of 5 (542 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@mxiter @Subtle_Tactics  Thanks for your responses.

However, from my experience both using and fighting against the Alternator with Disruptor Rounds I can't say it isn't still extremely powerful. 

Concerning the fire rate of the Alternator, while it is slower than both the 301 and 99 it isn't sluggish. The Alternator's fire rate is still 10 Shots Per Second - 301 is 13 SPS and 99 is 18 SPS respectively. The spray pattern of the Alternator is another factor which plays into my concerns. The first few shots from the Alternator almost always hit my target regardless of any barrel, scopes or stocks I have equipped to compensate any bad aim. It's only after the first 6 to 8 shots that the gun becomes more difficult to control. In 0.5 seconds you can fire 5 Disruptor Rounds with incredible accuracy at close to medium range. At long range, no. You would 100% need good attachments and decent aim at long range. Regardless, at close to medium range the weapon shines the brightest. Even after the small nerf it isn't any better. 

As Mxiter said it would take 12 shots will 100% accuracy to knock a fully shielded player. But with a SPS of 10 that means in 2 seconds the gun has fired 20 bullets giving very lenient compensation for any stray shots. Even with 50% accuracy that's 10 shots that have connected from 2 seconds of firing. It only takes 5 shots to melt a full shield. So with 25% accuracy 2 seconds of firing would destroy a shield. There is no doubt that the 301 or the 99 are still as effective. But they do require good aim and don't compensate players who miss shots nearly as much as the Alternator. 

I still strongly believe that the Disruptor Rounds hop-up should be a Legendary Tier hop-up. 

Message 4 of 5 (413 Views)

★★★ Pro

Most streamers say just make it a Legendary Tier because too many have the Disruptor. 

Message 5 of 5 (399 Views)