What about adding a Silencer ?

by johnmiceter

Original Post

What about adding a Silencer ?

★★ Guide

They could make it a Gold attachment, maybe ?

What do you guys think about this ? I reckon it would be good, instead of constantly being backstabbed from your gun fire because it can be heard from miles away

Message 1 of 14 (917 Views)

Re: What about adding a Silencer ?

★★ Expert
@johnmiceter What if the enemy or your teammates aren't using it? It would be good for snipers but than that would seem a bit OP if you think about how you could be getting snipped for 90-120 a shot and not know where from.

I like the idea though, maybe a gun that doesn't emit such a loud noise when fired? I would love to see a silence weapon be input somehow.
Message 2 of 14 (901 Views)

★★★ Novice

Perhaps a legendary weapon that’s silenced? Or maybe it only dampens sound instead of full suppression? Or maybe increased bullet drop or a 25%ish damage penalty? Or a new legend ability?

Message 3 of 14 (830 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

I reckon silencers for Assualt rifles and smgs would be ok, but not for Snipers as you could camp too easily, specially a Pathfinder high up somewhere.

But i reckon thats a good idea someone mentioned where maybe its not a fully silenced attachment but just reduces the noise a fair bit. 

Maybe they can add, white, blue, purple and gold, where each higher level reduces the noise more ?

I reckon this is the biggest reason you always get 3rd partied is because the gunfire is so loud. If they added this it would stop 3rd partying so much more.

Message 4 of 14 (821 Views)

Champion

@iBlockHead  I do see where you're coming from, but you still have the directional damage indicator and a big o'l bullet trail to follow back to the shooter. As is the case with any other gun.

I don't expect respawn to nerf the volume of weapons....gunfights ain't by any means quiet. However a silencer would be a good solution. They don't have to be a common drop either, maybe the same rarity as disruptors.

They wouldn't have to be applicable to every weapon either, i'd say keep it to non energy pistols smgs AR's and snipers.

Excluding the following non energy weapons:

Re-45-already has disruptors

Alternator- same reason

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 5 of 14 (809 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

I had a match today and started a fight with another team and within 20 secs there 6 teams there because of the loud gunfire. I really wished there were silencers then.

Message 6 of 14 (769 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Why not just make the Gold Stabilizer a  silencer  As well...?

Message 7 of 14 (691 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

Well, but the problem is not all in your squad will own a silencer...

The volume drop over distance should be generally increased over all!

You should only hear shots from 25 to 50 m distance, not further.

Message 8 of 14 (547 Views)

★★★ Pro

There's no point in adding Silencers if we still know where we're getting shot at. The damage indicator will reveal the direction/location the shooter is at. 

If a Silencer disable that indicator on who you're shooting, then maybe a silencer would be good and change the meta of the loadouts. 

Message 9 of 14 (541 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

The point of silencers is, that you can't hear from a greate distance if there is a fight!
So 3rd partying is prevented if you fight silent!

Maybe we need some silent weapons like bows or spears?

Message 10 of 14 (533 Views)