Re: Weapon Skins And Titans

by Haxwell_Edison

Original Post

Weapon Skins And Titans

★★ Apprentice

Whoever created the weapon skins, please give that man or woman or team a raise. I haven't played any games yet, just because this is going up in the middle of the night and I don't want to disturb my roommate, but I'd even say these are Raven-tier weapon skins. While some of the Legendary skins do look the same-ish, they all look very cool and the Epic skins are just...yes. If this team keeps this up, it'd actually be kinda fun to grind out and try to get these skins. The only two things that kinda gripe me, lore and world-wise, are the absence of Titans and the small roster of Legends, but I assume this will be solved over time with just more development time (not that I know anything about video game design). However, the absence of Titans seems like a missed opportunity IMO. We have the same weapons from the Titanfall universe, characters who move and have some abilities from the sequel and confirmation that this game is canonically in that universe. Why not make this game be set as a kind of recruitment program in that universe that tests possible Pilots in which they thin out each other first before then getting Titans to test their Titan-to-Titan and Pilot-to-Titan skills. Although, I'm pretty sure that this would break any kind of balance that's crafted by the team, so I hope for it but don't expect it. Otherwise, can't wait to see where this game goes!

Message 1 of 5 (362 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hold up lol I just want to say if I ever see Titans in this game I will be pretty mad because this game is amazing as it is right now and it does not need that.
The Titans will be completely unbalanced and I don't want this to be like a Titan Fall Battle royal.

Message 2 of 5 (323 Views)

★ Apprentice

Maybe if they add titans they'll be in a different arena to keep balance

Message 3 of 5 (266 Views)

★ Guide
I'd be ok with Titans in the game as long as they're just a cosmetic thing. Mini-pets or stuff like that.
Message 4 of 5 (258 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Looking back at the titan part, I agree now it's actually kinda stupid. Then again, I only played like 2 games of Apex and was too focused on how it was made by the guys behind Titanfall. Maybe like as some kind of side boss like how you can get guns in Dying Light Bad Blood it might be alright(?) I mean, if the AI then were made to be too hard, it'd just kick the everloving crap out of players and be the champion, while if the AI is easy it'd just be a dumb gimmick. Something like that, but yeah: looking back, Titan-to-Titan combat would just be dumb and probably be horrible for balancing purposes.

Message 5 of 5 (251 Views)