Re: Volt / Devotion too powerful. Time to kill feels like CoD.

by Nightstick24

Original Post

★ Guide
@Pallo420 I completely agree. The reason I enjoy Apex is because even if someone rolls up on you out of nowhere it didn't mean you were done for instantly. You could fight back, you could take a bullet. With the reduced shield and the increased damage it rewards players for being skilled and landing their shots - but it also punishes casual players and people like me who suck at the game. I'm getting killed before I can get a shot off like 70% of the games now. I'm horrible at shooters, I'm not looking to reach Predator or play ranked at all, I'm just looking to have fun - getting two-shot with a triple take 6 of every ten games and turned into swiss cheese by a devotion or volt in 0.2 seconds the other 4 games isn't very enjoyable for me.

I'm not looking for you to make me invincible or give me aimbot so I win every single game ever. I'm just looking to be able to shoot back before I die.
Message 11 of 21 (645 Views)

★★★ Novice

The biggest problem is not the guns, it's the shields.  They need to make the gold shield 100hp again with faster healing instead of double cell healing, and make the red shield 125hp.  That is the problem, they are gold and red for a reason, but right now they just feel like what the blue and purple felt like.  Better players with great aim can 1 clip anyone, no matter what shield they have giving others less chance to live.  This is going to drive the average player to quit the game, instead of getting better.  That is what they need to fix, not the guns.

Message 12 of 21 (615 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@Pallo420 that's true I hate this game now.
Message 13 of 21 (567 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Devotion was silently nerfed from 17 to 16 damage per bullet.  Recoil was slightly increased.  The devotion is on their radar for more changes.

Still very powerful weapon.  Can be hip fired without much penalty.

Message 14 of 21 (531 Views)

★ Guide

I agree that the new TTK is ridiculous. S5 had a more inclusive tactical balance. The combat experience left room for thought. S6 is more polarized, reduced to "killbox" or avoidance. Throw in really uneven loot drops, and Apex is devolving into a game of chance.

Message 15 of 21 (460 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@Pallo420 Dude actually 😭😭😭 I just want season 1-3 back they absolutely destroyed the game.
Message 16 of 21 (449 Views)

★★ Pro

Yeah footsteps have been all over the place, I hear footsteps behind me....turns out they are from my teammate 10 feet in front of me.

Message 17 of 21 (439 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

the devotion is weaker than the volt. it ruins ramparts passive. because the spitfire is worse than the devotion. and the l-star heavy is worse than the spitfire. all light machine guns are worse than the volt. not even close.

Message 18 of 21 (402 Views)

[ Edited ]

@gg123xyzI personally think the Devo is the strongest gun in the game but there are so many good viable guns in season 6. Hemlock, Flatline, Prowler. Havoc, Devotion, Volt, R301, Mastiff, G7, Triple take, Longbow and Even the Eva 8 are viable. Now we just need a little bit of adjustment to the Devo and maybe the Volt and we are good to go.

Oh and buff the friggin Alternator... Please. 👍

Message 19 of 21 (382 Views)

@xx_Dante2k_xx hemlok, burst prowler, volt, devo, triple take are the only viable guns this season. I think the Eva, mastiff, g7, havoc, and longbow are strong but cannot compete with how little effort it takes to either laser or two burst someone with each of the guns I listed. Everyone in my lobbies is pretty much exclusively running these guns, with a skullpiercer wingman here and there.
Message 20 of 21 (372 Views)