Re: Unarmed Spawning is bad

by Haxwell_Edison

Original Post

Unarmed Spawning is bad

★★★ Newbie

Unarmed spawning is garbage in every game it's in, especially when people can chase each other down as they fly down from spawn. Half the forum is complaining about loot and lack of gun spawns, but if people just spawned with any weapon (Like a garbage pistol) it wouldn't even be half the problem it is.

It wasn't a game design genius that chose to bring people in unarmed in a game that's about gun fighting. It was a poor design choice made to stay loyal to a few movies that stuck in earlier iterations of battle royal games and it's a disappointment to see that you stuck with it too. It's not the part of the formula that makes battle royal games successful and you can easily fix it and be a better game for it.

Message 1 of 18 (720 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

I wouldn't be too against at least trying the idea of letting players spawn in with a P2020, with either no spare ammo, or 20x rounds (one light ammo drop). Maybe even given on respawn! Though I think I'd rather just have each large building be guaranteed to have one weapon in it.

Message 2 of 18 (697 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
Not gonna lie, it would be pretty nice to drop with a P2020 with 1-2 mag(s) of ammo.
Message 3 of 18 (692 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Really, my issue isn't with the naked respawn, but with the lack of options you have to re-outfit. If it's early game, then sure, you have time to get built back up, maybe even to "full power". But if the circle's closed a couple of times, then scrounging becomes difficult at best. To make matters worse, if you resupply your fresh fish with your own stash, you become seriously nerfed for the end game.

That could easily change if we were allowed to carry weapons in inventory slots. When your buddy spawned in, you could just toss out a Wingman you don't currently have equipped. This still represents a serious trade-off, as any team that carries spares is nerfing their own inventory space. But I really don't think it would mess with the balance more than they'd like.

There are options, in other words.

Message 4 of 18 (688 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

@ShadowDragyn  What you said, just being able to carry a spare gun to drop would be great, as long as armor isn't included as people would start having spare 4-5 slot armors in their inventory to recharge.

Message 5 of 18 (673 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

I think spawning with a pistol will still end in a giant early f*ckfest. I'd rather have 100% weappon spawn points, the weappons should be random, just not the spot. That opens more tactical options and a better coordination of your team since you can decide "alright lets drop this point and pick up the nearest spawn". Imagine picking up a weappon and getting shot in the back by a pistol.. it's just not a great feeling. "Well you just gotta be fast or look out for enemys u dongo." No. That's not what the game is about, one "selling" point of the game is it's pace, you slow down the early pace of the game if you need to watch your back up right from the beginning just to pick up one weappon.

Message 6 of 18 (670 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Really i think the "let me spawn with a weappon" thing is a cry out from people getting shot because someone else got a weappon and they didn't. It does absolutely not add ANY value to the game.

Message 7 of 18 (666 Views)

★★ Guide

Like 50%+ of people drop down on the same place in the beginning. They have to already watch their backs right from the beginning.

Message 8 of 18 (647 Views)

★★ Guide
That's 100% false. You winning a gunfight because the other person had no gun is 0 skill.
Message 9 of 18 (636 Views)

★ Guide
I disagree. Unarmed spawning is part of BR.
Message 10 of 18 (607 Views)