Re: This game will die

by OmniVan

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Obviously some guns should be more sought after than others. However, I agree with the OP that the Wingman is poorly balanced at the moment. Its just objectively too good right now, and should be bright more in line with the other weapons.

For example If the community is by and large happy with the Wingman allowing full speed while ADSing then maybe the other guns need to have their ADS speed made better.

Message 11 of 19 (346 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@Draven39 wrote:

For example If the community is by and large happy with the Wingman allowing full speed while ADSing then maybe the other guns need to have their ADS speed made better.

Well that is somewhat of a misleading statement because it is not ONLY the wingman that allows normal speed while ADS but all pistol class guns. So yes you can move faster while wielding a wingman and ADS but you could move just as fast hipfiring 60 shots from a spitfire. 

the ADS speed is not the issue they simply need to remove the heavy clip attachment from the wingman (since it is a revolver and that makes no sense anyways) damage is fine but a 6 shot mag would balance it 

Message 12 of 19 (339 Views)

★★★ Novice
I agree, I was just using ADS speed as an example. The Wingman is too good right now, and I think its bad for the game. There are plenty of ways they could adjust the weapon.

Reducing the effect or removing the magazine attachment would help, but its not like the weapon has a very long reload time. I'd personally like to see the the weapon be less effective damage wise at medium/long range.
Message 13 of 19 (335 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@LuckyCanuckLuke wrote:

@Draven39 wrote:

Well that is somewhat of a misleading statement because it is not ONLY the wingman that allows normal speed while ADS but all pistol class guns. So yes you can move faster while wielding a wingman and ADS but you could move just as fast hipfiring 60 shots from a spitfire. 

the ADS speed is not the issue they simply need to remove the heavy clip attachment from the wingman (since it is a revolver and that makes no sense anyways) damage is fine but a 6 shot mag would balance it 

And you expect any hipfire'd weapon to be remotely as accurate as the wingman while strafing in a mid to long range engagement?  That's completely impractical.

Most other weapons make you a super easy to hit stationary target while ADSing, and its required to ADS to hit anything with those weapons at mid-long range.

So given the damage of the wingman, and the ability to strafe quickly while maintaining full ADS accuracy close, mid, and long range, it puts everything else to shame.

Message 14 of 19 (315 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I really despise the people who say the Wingman isn't overpowered. It's blatantly obvious it needs way more adjusting so that it's a balanced and enjoyable game with diversity. The simple fact that the Wingman can come out on top in almost all aspects and in almost all situations should shine a great be f-ing light on the importance of it being nerf'd so that it has a niece it excels in, but actually has downsides.

Message 15 of 19 (299 Views)

★★★ Newbie

While I can't exactly say that your WRONG about the Wingman's remarkable headshot damage and body damage in general, you are kind of biased against it. Ever tried to use one of those things in a three-on-one? Kind of unreliable.

Message 16 of 19 (292 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Well- okay, it DOES need a balancing fix. That I WILL say about the weapon

Message 17 of 19 (291 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@mpmenace007 wrote:

While I can't exactly say that your WRONG about the Wingman's remarkable headshot damage and body damage in general, you are kind of biased against it. Ever tried to use one of those things in a three-on-one? Kind of unreliable.

Saying its unreliable in a 3v1 is pretty worthless.  First off, most weapons aren't going to suffice in a 3v1.  2nd, "burst" damage, such as the wingman provides, is more optimal in a 3v1 than a sustained fire type weapon, as one can fall back under cover more frequently with the former.

Message 18 of 19 (288 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

I prefer the Wingman to the longbow and the G7 it has so much more damage at range.

Message 19 of 19 (238 Views)