Re: The wingman is fine but the peacekeeper needs work

by XtakeroflifeX_YT

Original Post

★ Guide

Too many people are used to PUBG's version of the shotgun (useless), so the PK feels super powerful compared to that. 

But in reality, shotguns are extremely powerful (as they should be).

And I absolutely LOVE how the little things move when ADS if you have the Shotgun Hop...super cool little detail.

Sometimes if your team is going mid/long-range, it is possible to go full DPS dealer by taking PK + WM...but it's risky..

Still love it though..that & the TripleTake.

Nothing wrong with the PK - only that it is VERY easy to find lvl.3 attachments for it....this is where the issue is IMHO.

Message 11 of 19 (340 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I personally find the peacekeeper and wingman the strongest guns in the game. The first few days i didnt like them. However, i quickly realized i had to get good with them to fight against everyone using them. Peacekeeper blast for instant shield break, switch to other weapon and finish the job. 

As for how to balance them, everyone is gonna have their opinion, but damage falloff is not a thing. A bullet does the same damage at any and every distance. Due to that and the tight spread pattern of the PK, it remains very good even at medium distances. You cant change the range of it without changing the spread pattern. So, maybe nerf just the damage, it will be better than eva8 at longer ranges and still easier to put more pellets in someones dome, but eva8 better at close blasting.

As for wingman, nerf rate of fire and make it less accurate. Maybe take away the skullpiercer. Just let longbow always have skullpiercer effect. There, winman nerf and longbow buff in one.

Message 12 of 19 (334 Views)

★★★★ Novice

You are so dumb purple and gold armor give you 100 protection giving you 200 health 

the wingman only does 45 damage body shots at most

and 90 damage headshots without skull 

meaning a base wingman 

can only 2 tap with headshot shot to level 2 armor and lvl one armor 

heres the thing with any armor the minimum shots is three bullet to kill even with the common helmet take 2-3 headshot to kill depending on what armor

Message 13 of 19 (333 Views)

★★★★ Novice
I agree
Message 14 of 19 (333 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Yah but it absurd that it has very little damage drop off with the charge

I had a game last night where I shot a guy with one at close range body shot and it did 20 dmg
Then a third party full charged a shot with the pk over 100 m and hit me for my full purple shield and a fourth of my health
The gun charged seem to become a sniper and it weird because I rarely hit 50 plus damage shot at close range
But hey maybe IM just unlucky and the game make all my pellet miss
Message 15 of 19 (331 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I don’t think they’ll nerf the wingman like that it classifies as a double action revolver and the rof is slightly faster the tf1 and tf2 

by .03 

it it should hold 12 bullet with purple mag that needs to be fixed

the damage is fine for a “Powerful revolver” that great for close range and that is supposed to be a hard hitter

but 

maybe the hip fire accuracy is to good I’ve had game when I land and I’ll wipe a squad without missing with hip fire but most of the gun have very good accuracy 

Message 16 of 19 (329 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Comparing weapon stats in a different game with entirely different mechanics just because the guns name and model are the same in order to justify a weapon being overpowered is incomprehensibly stupid.

Message 17 of 19 (300 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Just here to say I think the game has an awesome balance to it right now. It's pretty damn fun and I wouldn't change a thing with the weapons. Not every weapon needs to be equal and not every loadout needs to be fair. In my opinion we should keep the gun mechanics the same, if they start making balances now that will just make everything much worse, basically the game would be reverting to beta as far as I'm concerned.

Message 18 of 19 (297 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

I'm inclined to disagree, not making game changes as the problems appear, can actually cause many people to walk away from the game. When a large portion of the community is saying there are issues with these two weapons, there is clearly something going on that needs a closer look at. I am not saying that the weapons need to be nerfed into the ground, but there certainly needs to be some kind of changes done.

I also agree that comparing weapons from 3 separate games, is just asinine. The game mechanics in Apex aren't even all the same as they are in Titan fall, and there is clearly a difference in the factors behind each weapon. Just because they share the same name, and have similar functions, don't make them the same thing.

Message 19 of 19 (292 Views)