Re: The sights in this game need some work

by JoJo_DeBlahhh

Original Post

The sights in this game need some work

★ Guide

Many of the sights are bad. The 1 x HCOG "Classic" Scope is objectively better than the 1x Holo Sight and the 1x - 2x Variable Holo Sight because more open sights will always be the best and give you an advantage. Why do the 1x Holo Sight and the 1x - 2x Variable Holo Sight even exist? I cant think of a single person that likes using them, nearly everyone will drop a  1x Holo Sight  for a 1 x HCOG that doesnt obscure so much of your screen. 

Remove the 1x - 2x Variable Holo Sight. and 1x Holo Sight. The  2x - 4x Variable AOG Scope is terrible as well but is at least semi useful when you dont have a sniper scope.

Message 1 of 7 (1,933 Views)

★★★ Guide

I disagree I like using the holo sights on certain weapons and there are some sights I dislike like the x2 open sights with arrow for a marker.

Message 2 of 7 (1,927 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

It is only a matter of preference, I play with the HCOG with most of my weapons but I also like to use the Holo sights on some weapons.
I do not like the 1x 2x Variable at all but maybe there are players who do so I do not see why it should be removed.

Devs have stats and can see which weapons and optics are used so if they find out that a specific one is never used then I guess they would end up removing it from the game.

Message 3 of 7 (1,906 Views)

★ Guide

I use the 2/4 on hemlock regularly, sometimes on the R301 if I haven't found a hemlock or if I just want to use an R301.

I also use the 1/2 on R301, Hemlock, and Spitfire. Sometimes I'll use the x2 over the 1/2 but not always.

I almost never use the 3x unless I haven't found anything else and I have a sniper I haven't replaced yet. I never use the 6x, I'll use literally any other scope over it. 

I'll use the 4/8 depending on what stage of the game it is and where the last few rings are at.

Always 1x hcog over holo though.

Message 4 of 7 (1,891 Views)

★★★ Guide

It depends what gun you're using a lot of the time I think also. I was using the 1x holo on a havoc and found it to be really easy to keep the spray pattern on the target, but then if I put a 3x ranger on it goes wild. I think different sights are more suited for certain guns. The 2x bruiser sight for example I find annoying to use with a sniper but that sight suits more an LMG/SMG in my opinion.

Message 5 of 7 (1,878 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@Gidoru wrote:

Many of the sights are bad. The 1 x HCOG "Classic" Scope is objectively better than the 1x Holo Sight and the 1x - 2x Variable Holo Sight because more open sights will always be the best and give you an advantage. Why do the 1x Holo Sight and the 1x - 2x Variable Holo Sight even exist? I cant think of a single person that likes using them, nearly everyone will drop a  1x Holo Sight  for a 1 x HCOG that doesnt obscure so much of your screen. 

Remove the 1x - 2x Variable Holo Sight. and 1x Holo Sight. The  2x - 4x Variable AOG Scope is terrible as well but is at least semi useful when you dont have a sniper scope.

I strongly disagree with all of this but I completely understand where you're coming from because felt the same way - but only for the first few weeks of playing APEX.

For the first few weeks, I only preferred the [1x HCOG] = this was my (go-to) sight.

I hated everything else including the [Holo] or [1x-2x] [2x-4x] and the sniper sights. 

(on a side note, a good friend of mine prefers the [Holo] to the [HCOG]..so he's the opposite of me)/

However over time I have come to appreciate the [1x-2x] and the [2x-4x]

I, even now prioritise certain sights for specific weapons.

Ignoring the Golden sights entirely, from this equation, below this is currently preferred set-up:

Peacekeeper = Holo

R99 = [HCOG] or [1x-2x]

Flatline = [1x HCOG]

Hemlok = [HCOG] or [1x-2x] or [2x-4x] (for mid/long range single fire)

Prowler = [HCOG] or [Holo] or [1x-2x]

Wingman = [2x HCOG] (my absolute favourite sight for this)..or [Holo] or [1x HCOG]

The list goes on...

You will notice that, whilst the [1x HCOG] is in every single weapon as an 'option', it is most certainly not what I aim for, or prioritise.

Usually 2x is for Spitfire & Wingman (always)

If I only have [1x HCOG] on 1 weapon, I will automatically choose a 2x or variable for the second (to have some flexibiltiy in the ranges I can shoot accurately).

To conclude, I have a whole new appreciation for all the different sights...something I didn't have in the first few weeks of playing APEX.

So..well done devs for making all these sights the way they are..because they are cool...really cool and all sights, IMHO, serve their pupose for the specific situations.

Message 6 of 7 (1,859 Views)

★ Guide

the only scopes or sights need works are SNIPERS.  they need to be quick or fast. it takes more than .5 seconds to aim . its way to slow.  and very few people play snipers. 

Message 7 of 7 (1,843 Views)