Re: The Spitfire is terrible in season 2, revert the nerfs

by DarthVaapar

Original Post

★★ Pro
@Gidoru Hit a couple of bullets first if you're the ones initiating and it makes up for the difference. If someone starts lighting my team up while we're not expecting with a spitfire I have to reset more often than not because they just don't have to reload and can endlessly adjust.

It's a better gun the worse you are at aiming because of the mag size.
Message 11 of 21 (436 Views)

★ Pro

@WHITEyy6969 wrote:

I agree it's nowhere near where it used to be but it's still worthwhile if, like above, you can find one. 

The DPS is a worry but where it comes into its own is the the amount of bullets with a decent magazine. I've won so many gunfights using the spitfire (and another gun of course) because the opposition suddenly realise they have to swap weapons or reload while I can continue shooting, so they run. That's when I just give chase and finish them off. 

This. The Spitfire can engage and defeat two enemies at mid range without ever heaving to reload. Sometimes  three. 

Message 12 of 21 (403 Views)

★ Pro

Also, DPS comparison numbers are only measured for the first second. No one is hitting every bullet. Once any and all other guns have to reload, the DPS of the Spitfire increases, while the others decrease. Measured over 3 seconds, the Spitfire likely has the highest DPS in the game.

It has always been the mistake of many to quote simple DPS values as basis of comparison, without factoring in the others dynamics of any given gunplay mechanics. 

Message 13 of 21 (398 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

@Gidoru
The Spitfire is okay.

Message 14 of 21 (376 Views)

★★★ Guide
@Leo_the_Lion25 Pics or it didn't happen
Message 15 of 21 (370 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

This would makes no sense in weapon balance.

Actually all those 3 weapons have them niches. (Spitfire:DPmag - Flatline: DPS+Headshots - Hemlock: accuracy). Each one can be the best depending the situation.

Why using ARs when Spitifire kills as fast (or faster), have more or less the same accuracy/recoil (if not better /flatline) and have way better damage potential before reload?

Thats why it get that nerf (1 bullet to kill difference...)

Getting weapons that are simply the best option possible makes looting randomness even worse.

Weapon balance have never been better than at the moment.

Message 16 of 21 (361 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro
Message 17 of 21 (357 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@Gidoru Spitfire is so terrible now omg it takes way too long to kill someone with it and you do not stand a chance against someone using a r99 or alternator the spitfire is just a tickling weapon now absolutely disgrace that they nerfed it.
Message 18 of 21 (334 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Idk why everyone is hating on the spitfire. With a extended mag (or even without one) it has so much ammo. You can easily win a gun fight without having to reload. I love running Spitfire / Longbow.

Message 19 of 21 (329 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@inferno2498373 why ppl hate it? lol it's simply because:

- In closed range, it loses to alot of guns: Peace,EVA, R99, R301, Wingman, Alternator/Re45 with hopup, Prowler with hopup, Flatline
- You cant strafe while shooting , which make you a big fat easy target.
Message 20 of 21 (233 Views)