Re: The R99 is THE best gun in the game, far too overperforming

by Sir_Named

Original Post

The R99 is THE best gun in the game, far too overperforming

★ Guide

I literally just melted a dude in purple, from about 50-75m away with an R99

That's absolute *

For the power it has in CQC, the recoil should be brutal such that it CANNOT be effectively used at range

The recoil should be such that its more practical to hipfire- eg, CQC

UNLESS you do short, controlled bursts

But the fact I can laser mag dump a target at range is *

Anyone who doesn't think the R99 is OP either doesn't play, or uses that weapon as a crutch

Message 1 of 8 (833 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@Mad_Dog8762 Yeah 50-75m is ridiculous for an SMG. You shouldn't be able to do that much damage. Again, damage fall off needs to be a thing
Message 2 of 8 (802 Views)

★★★ Guide

Not only the power of this weapon is annoying. Although it has been nerfed twice, it is still popular.

Its whole design is meh. What sees an average player, which fights against R-99 at close distance:

- A huge muzzleflash(which is almost as big as wraith)

- An indicator that his shield is being damaged around the screen, which obscures vision even more

- Hears that disgusting sound(changing it would help to solve the problem, i swear)

Well, how you are supposed to focus in such a mess, thats a challenge.Raised eyebrow

I would like to see a LMG for light ammunition instead of it. I decided not to use this weapon, though i ping it for squad mates.

From the other side, who cares, its a game... But it is such a waste of their own(respawn) work - so many weapons, and yet majority of people still using that one from season 1.

Despite prowler buff, i didnt notice an increase in its popularity, and i die a lot.Thinking

Fighting from a distance with other weapons is an option, but in most cases my (random) teammates don't have patience for it..Zipped lips

Message 3 of 8 (753 Views)

@DesertDust91 They need to buff the Alternator and make it viable and/or add the Volt or CAR from TF2 to give us more smg options.
So bored of the R99 its unreal.
Message 4 of 8 (738 Views)

★★ Expert
@Mad_Dog8762 You should try the prowler, it’s pretty good as well.
Message 5 of 8 (690 Views)

★ Guide
@Sir_Named Maybe it's better than R99 right now, since Prowler do more dmg and the fire-rate is kinda close to R99.
Message 6 of 8 (665 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

@DraknasChan True, but you need a mod for the Prowler in order to do that. I'm not saying it's impossible to find a Select Fire, but sometimes you get unlucky and don't find the mod.While you can just pick up a R99 and boom. You are set for late-game.

Message 7 of 8 (650 Views)

★★ Expert
@Unlucky_Alastor Prowler without mod is actually a bit faster, just harder to aim
Message 8 of 8 (637 Views)