The Legendary Body Shield and how to fix it.

by inferno2498373

Original Post

The Legendary Body Shield and how to fix it.

★★★★ Guide

Out of the gold backpack, gold knockdown shield, gold helmet and the gold body shield. The body shield is the worst of em all. If you didn’t already know, the gold body shield recharges it’s shields completely everytime you do a finisher. For some people this might be useful but most of the time in a late game situations, when you down someone, their teammate is not far behind and doing a finisher is sometimes a death wish. But, this Armor can be useful in a couple situations, for example, when you are communicating with your teammates and they protect you while you are doing a finisher, you don’t have meds so the only chance that you have is by doing a finisher, or if you are ToddyQuest. 

Some ways to fix the golden body shield....

1. Give 1 bar of shield for every knockdown. 

2. For every 8 damage (or any amount of damage) that the player induces, 1 shield gets recharged

3. Or it slowly recharges itself, similar to Octane’s healing

If you have any suggestions please let me now :D

Message 1 of 10 (902 Views)

Re: The Legendary Body Shield and how to fix it.

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

For every 8 damage you gain one shield bar? [Removed - CM] You would literally heal 2 shield bars for landing a single bullet.

Message 2 of 10 (874 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Not one shield bar. One shield. Purple armor has 100 shield. So if you did 200 damage to an opponent you will get 1 bar. Obviously the 8 damage can be modified. Sorry about making it unclear. Cheers! :D

Message 3 of 10 (867 Views)

★★ Novice

Most def needed && all your ideas are great ideas 

Message 4 of 10 (843 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

This idea is still covered in afterbirth so feel free to tear it to pieces but what about if it made all your small meds/shields behave like mini phoenix kits. 

So a shield cell would add 50% of a bar to health as well in the same charge.  By this I mean a shield cell would add 25% to a purple shield and 12.5% to health.  A syringe would add 12.5% of a purple shield.  Could be OP if stacked with a gold backpack, but tbh what isn't OP when used with a gold backpack.

I think the challenge is to make the gold armor have a use but not be game-defining, especially knowing that teams could stack it with a gold backpack etc.  The use of gold armor here would be for games where your meds/shields are being burned down but it wouldn't mean that you ONLY had to carry cells/syringes.  It would be powerful basically when you're outnumbered and low on meds to allow you to keep competing when you wouldn't have a snowball in hells chance without it.

Message 5 of 10 (826 Views)

★★ Expert

OR OR, it gives you reduces stagger from ults and nades. 50%-80%? 

Message 6 of 10 (800 Views)

★★★★ Novice

This at least makes the gold shield feel important so I'm all for it. Another idea is it could actually provide more armor in situations. Maybe it could reduce damage from shots in the back or front by like 10%. I think that is the least abusable change, just having all shots in your back deal a little less dmg so you can have that extra half second to turn and make a stand or get off a Wraith q or whatever.

Message 7 of 10 (785 Views)

★★ Pro
@Dragonborn206 I rrrrrrrrrrrrreally think that fortified/low profile and anything that could make someone do more/less damage to a specific player vs others is something the game should be moving away from. There are enough variables re: different armors, situations, people's aim etc etc that a variety in damage numbers just isn't needed. There's the decision to be made on whether it would be multiplicative or not etc. Anything else that adds damage reduction/damage vulnerability basically has to be balanced depending on which character is using it, because someone had the brainfart to introduce variable damage to half the characters.
Message 8 of 10 (777 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Maybe have it regenerate 1 shield per second.  That's not going to swing fights one way or another I wouldn't think. And have it not gain shield after not being shot for X amount of seconds

Message 9 of 10 (772 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@Anlbrd I agree, all this "fortified" stuff is annoying. It wouldn't want it to go any further than this rework. I just want the armor to be better than lvl 3 in more than 1/50 games, and 1/100 top 5's. Maybe it could increase sprint speed or something by a touch, idk, I don't disagree.
Message 10 of 10 (767 Views)