The Alternator has no consequence.

by AhoyDrogon

Original Post

The Alternator has no consequence.

★★★★★ Apprentice

The new alternator has no consequences with the disruptor rounds. There's needs to be something. Even something has small as a overcharge or even a decrease in mid accuracy ADS. The damage is fine and gives it a place but to be able to snipe someone acrosslng distances with a SMG is wrong

Message 2 of 7 (507 Views)

Alternator

★★★ Newbie

You need to patch this new alternator asap... big games like this are supposed to be all over updating extremely overpowered weapons that are created from updates. Getting melted by an alternator with the new hop up mod from across the map at end game is completely ridiculous. This is sad that a big game developer is letting a weapon they completely overpowered continue to run rampant through the game. Other game developers have done the same thing as EA, but the big thing is that they turn around and fix the unbalanced weapon within a day or two. It looks EA must not be as concerned with being a decent company and wanting their customers to enjoy the game. Looks like I might as well run two alternators now every game just to win.

Message 1 of 7 (466 Views)

Re: The Alternator has no consequence.

★★ Apprentice

Just nerf the disruptor rounds down to 1.3x damage

Message 3 of 7 (481 Views)

★★★ Guide
@ChippeyCox I think 1.7 is fine, bringing it down even further would make the rounds/hop op pointless and no reason to even have put them in the game in the first place, the hop op is supposed to make the alt and RE weapons you can bring into late to end game situations. It is supposed to be on par with r99 and prowler.
Message 4 of 7 (469 Views)

★★★ Pro
@AhoyDrogon

The Alternator does not have medium range to long range capability.
The Alternator is only usable while firing off the hip.
Message 5 of 7 (445 Views)

★ Guide

@ChippeyCox wrote:

Just nerf the disruptor rounds down to 1.3x damage

Agreed

Message 6 of 7 (427 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

@hhnbbfggty66 

Are we playing the same game? You could just aim down sight and single fire from far away and before the nerf you could do 33 or more damage with just 1 body shot. 3 shots and you broke purple shield.
No we don't want a rollback to the overpowered hop up.
It was absolute chaos everybody playing with alternator.

@AhoyDrogon 

I'd say that the lower clip size, lower rate of fire,lower stability of the weapon, bullet drop of disruptor rounds are the consequences.
But if you make it a god weapon with high damage then these don't matter. :P
After the nerf i don't see many alternators and i'm back to using my old weapons and my favourite R99.
Recently i found a Gold Alternator pretty good but other gold weapons are good too.
I have to test alternator more after nerf but if i don't find the hop up the gun is useless.

Message 7 of 7 (425 Views)