Re: TAKE OUT THE P2020

by KarnCrusader

Original Post

TAKE OUT THE P2020

★★★ Newbie

Gun is not good whatsoever. Take it out, or make it better.

Message 1 of 11 (805 Views)

★ Guide

@Baesull wrote:

Totally agree but need some ideas on how to make it better?

Same with the mozambique it's crap with only three rounds should be at least five with two more added to each clip to make this a viable weapon to want to carry.

Message 2 of 11 (772 Views)

Champion

P2020 just needs a damage increase to about 15 per shot instead of 12 & an increase in capacity:

Default - 10 -> 12

Level 1 mag - 13 -> 15

Level 2 Mag - 15 -> 18

Level 3 Mag - 18 -> 22

The P2020 is actually a really nice gun and it's accurate and easy to hit with, the mag size and bullet damage are where it struggles.

These changes wouldn't make it like a crazy viable gun in the end game but would at least make it feel less like a pea shooter.

Hey there I'm a volunteered Champion! I don't work for EA I just like to help out around the forums, keep the peace and submit ideas to the community.

Did I answer your question? Please leave some tasty XP or even mark as a solution!

Got some QOL ideas for Apex? Add them here: 

Apex Legends QOL Collection

Message 3 of 11 (767 Views)

★ Guide

@Cabowse wrote:

P2020 just needs a damage increase to about 15 per shot instead of 12 & an increase in capacity:

Default - 10 -> 12

Level 1 mag - 13 -> 15

Level 2 Mag - 15 -> 18

Level 3 Mag - 18 -> 22

The P2020 is actually a really nice gun and it's accurate and easy to hit with, the mag size and bullet damage are where it struggles.

These changes wouldn't make it like a crazy viable gun in the end game but would at least make it feel less like a pea shooter.

I like this idea on how to improve the P2020. It keeps is viable early and in line with the buff I suggested of the mozambique both of these would be nice early weapons this way and make us not mind picking them up to use short term while we seek out something better and give most squads a fighting chance early game as well.

Message 4 of 11 (765 Views)

★★★ Newbie

@OnyxTempestRain wrote:

@Baesull wrote:

Totally agree but need some ideas on how to make it better?

Same with the mozambique it's crap with only three rounds should be at least five with two more added to each clip to make this a viable weapon to want to carry.

its obvious, raise the damage on the 2020. mozambique clip size increase would do it well, but almost all the pistols need to do more damage, I would love to be able to go a game using a pistol and actually be able to win the game or at least kill something. its suppose to be a weapon useable in the game. but its not useable at all. I mean, it is if you want to completely throw late game... actually mid game.. .actually... after two minutes into the game. Submachine guns need the same kind of buff. I dont want to play a game where Im forced to get heavy or energy weapons to win. I wanna use light dang it! I like the fast high speed run and gun and hip fire style. its more fun. they all need to be buffed to the point where hitting I would say one in a half clips kills someone with blue armor. a little more then that for purple armor. that would be balanced. That would mean with two clips you would have to hit most your shots to down someone with blue armor. a third clip would most likely be needed for someone with purple armor because its rare someone will hit every shot. and quite frankly if they do then they deserve to take you out.

Message 5 of 11 (692 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Pro

I have never understood the logic behind the argument "this item is bad so take it out of the game or buff it". Whether an item is good or bad is ofc relative to the other items. The white lvl 1 armor is bad compared to purple armors. So based on your logic, we should also remove white armors or make it better hrmmmm?

And for the sake of the discussion; yes, I guess you can say the P2020  is one of the worst weapon, but early its still better to pick it up and empty one (just one) clip on an enemy and then finish him of with melee, rather than just using melee. Same goes for the Mozambique. 

Message 6 of 11 (683 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

The devs previously stated that the P2020 and Mozambique are the way they are, because there needs to be a definite difference in weapon tiers. The P2020 is not a weapon you're supposed to win games with, but rather a weapon which you can use if there is absolutely nothing else.

Certain weapons just need to be lower tier just to keep the games active, where a pistol user would still search for a better gun instead of hiding in a corner until the final circle. 

Message 7 of 11 (659 Views)

★ Guide

I agree with the devs philosophy, but you can still buff both the P2020 and Mozambique a bit without worrying it won't be worth finding better weapons. They are so bad now it's not fun to use them. I say buff them both a tad.

Message 8 of 11 (651 Views)

Champion
I agree, a lot of the time I actually bypass both weapons as sometimes I don't think they're even worth the time to swap them for another weapon. I'd rather melee haha!

Hey there I'm a volunteered Champion! I don't work for EA I just like to help out around the forums, keep the peace and submit ideas to the community.

Did I answer your question? Please leave some tasty XP or even mark as a solution!

Got some QOL ideas for Apex? Add them here: 

Apex Legends QOL Collection

Message 9 of 11 (646 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

The same goes for Mozambique. If a punch is going to be 28, why would a shotgun be even near that?

Message 10 of 11 (565 Views)