Message 1 of 13 (3,033 Views)

Re: Stop crying nerds. TTK is too high we need strong weapons

★★★★★ Apprentice

And they can also use this weapons! 

If you cant beat them... Join them!

Message 2 of 13 (3,017 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Thank you for this post actually, it made me reconsider. At first I was thinking that the r99 and havoc took no skill and needed to be nerfed but when I read your post I sat back and thought a bit more and realized that the problem isn't really that the r99 and havoc can melt people with barely any effort, but that the rest of the guns can't do the same thing (assuming equal shield and health values).

I can't remember the last time I could down someone with an r301 from full health and shields with only one magazine - that gun is so damn weak I've stopped using it. I like the hemlock because it's strong and precise. Instead of nerfing every gun to mozambique level (read: useless) we should instead aim for every gun to be as good as the r99 or havoc. I still think those two guns need recoil adjustments but now I don't think that their damage needs to be tweaked anymore and instead every gun should be as deadly as those are.

Of course, the golden Devotion lowers the time to kill way too much and that gun is basically an auto win so a balance needs to be struck between too deadly and just right but so much of the weapon sandbox right now is too weak.

Message 3 of 13 (2,885 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@FreelancerWhisky This thread is stupid. You can easily drop someone with full shields and full health using an R301. This game needs to stop being about "powerful weapons" and be about skill. This game is nothing but newb friendly. TTK is nowhere near too high.
Message 4 of 13 (2,826 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

In just one magazine? No it's rare and generally when that does happen it's because you're up close (in which case a shotgun or an LSTAR or a wingman can do it even faster so you're handicapping yourself using a bad weapon) and the enemy already has weakened health and shields from another fight. The r301 is the weakest assault rifle in the entire game. And you're also wrong about the TTK being fine. The super long TTK has created the current ranked meta of rats, camping, and generally just going in only when other squads have exhausted themselves, because the long and drawn out fights coupled with the necessity of healing up makes it too risky of a proposition to do anything but 3rd (or 4th or 5th or 6th) party if you want to win.

Message 5 of 13 (2,803 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

@FreelancerWhisky wrote:

In just one magazine? No it's rare and generally when that does happen it's because you're up close (in which case a shotgun or an LSTAR or a wingman can do it even faster so you're handicapping yourself using a bad weapon) and the enemy already has weakened health and shields from another fight. The r301 is the weakest assault rifle in the entire game. And you're also wrong about the TTK being fine. The super long TTK has created the current ranked meta of rats, camping, and generally just going in only when other squads have exhausted themselves, because the long and drawn out fights coupled with the necessity of healing up makes it too risky of a proposition to do anything but 3rd (or 4th or 5th or 6th) party if you want to win.

You are talking nonsenses, R301 and R99 is perfectly fine and balanced. And saying that R99 require no skill is the funniest joke i heard in a while.

To be fair the only newbie weapons are  L-Star in close and shotguns. Havok maybe put in there as well, because it does insane damage.

The weapons that needs to be nerfed are exactly Havok and Mastiff.

No normal weapon should insta kill you, if you got no armor, aka Mastiff, 120+ damage.

And the TTK is not high ans never was high. This is not a CS:GO or Valorant. If they lower the TTK, by buffing the weapon big time or smth. like that, many, many people will leave this game.

High TTK, means higher skill level at top.

Only newbies may cry for lower the TTK. 

The game making you wait for loading screen, then choosing legends, then champion, then drop, then landing, then looting, if they lower the TTK, it will kill the game instantly.

Current TTK is okay, and tho can be even higher.

This is not a game, where you should kill someone fully equipped with 5 shots. Tho you can still do it with a sniper or Wingman or shotgun, but not with an AR.

This is a game about skills, about looting, about positioning, about thinking and require great mechanical aim skills and great movement skills.

Lowering the TTK will mean lowering the skill cell level, which is always a bad thing.

As far as R301 its a strong weapon, but you need a brain to use it, and use it in the right distance. Go watch Rogue and see how he use the R301 to his strengths.

Message 6 of 13 (2,788 Views)

@LordloshBang I disagree. You mention the Havoc but the R99 has almost the same dps, higher rof, better movement speed, faster reload and with a barrel mod the recoil is easy to control at medium range.
Personally i am taking a break from Apex, I'm sick to death of every gun fight involving the R99. Also don't get me started on Wraith, it must be some kind of religion for wraith to always carry an R99.

If the weapon is balanced why is it so overused ? Its because its the best weapon in the game.
Message 7 of 13 (2,767 Views)

★★ Apprentice

@LordloshBang wrote:

You are talking nonsenses, R301 and R99 is perfectly fine and balanced. And saying that R99 require no skill is the funniest joke i heard in a while.

I stopped reading here. I don't care how long you've been playing the game; if you think the R99 is hard or takes skill to use in any way whatsoever you probably never even made it out of bronze. At least you have to aim with the wingman; the r99 is the easiest gun in the game to use and you're either trolling for reactions or just really bad to think that it's difficult.

Message 8 of 13 (2,741 Views)

★★ Pro

@xx_Dante2k_xx wrote:
@LordloshBangI disagree. You mention the Havoc but the R99 has almost the same dps, higher rof, better movement speed, faster reload and with a barrel mod the recoil is easy to control at medium range.
Personally i am taking a break from Apex, I'm sick to death of every gun fight involving the R99. Also don't get me started on Wraith, it must be some kind of religion for wraith to always carry an R99.

If the weapon is balanced why is it so overused ? Its because its the best weapon in the game.

You but you will die from way less shots with Havoc. In 99,99% you will kill someone with Havoc, but you won`t do it with R99, unless you are a really high-top or pro level.

You can hit few shots with every weapons on the game. Skilled players hit most of their shots with R99, but they do this with all weapon ING.

Its all about the mag you have and to not reload, because you are in a big disadvantage if you are fighting toe to toe, You empty your mag and then switch to secondary weapon.

And R99 in this situations does the least damage.

R99 and R301 is perfectly balanced and fine.

FreelancerWhisky, go watch Rogue and how he use R301 and how imba he is with it. Its his main weapon. But you need to know how to use it. I also play R301 and i`m more than fine of it as a weapon.

R99 is having his drawback.

And TTK should stay as a high as possible. Its should be even higher in my opinion.

The only unbalanced weapons right now are the mastiff/havoc.

Message 9 of 13 (2,690 Views)

★ Guide

@LordloshBang meta was PK 99, now its mastiff 99. While yes the 99 doesn't do a whole lot of damage per single bullet... that thing's rof is ridiculous and needs to be brought down, give it blue attachments and above its like a built in aim bot and the aim assist from the controller further helps it. The 99 is the only true unbalanced weapon in this game

Message 10 of 13 (2,683 Views)