Re: Still no footstep audio

by Balladalidila

Original Post

★★ Guide
@DonTrunSolo Exactly, how this "Dev" is trying to make an excuse for an issue as old as the game itself, never fixed and even worst any update, and it's a global issue, every streamer, every PRO have complained about the silent footsteps...
Most of the other sounds are super loud, and footsteps are pretty damn low or even muted.
Message 21 of 27 (686 Views)

★★★ Guide
@SolitaryMassacre Audio priority is whack imo.
I can always hear gun fire 300+ meters away.
I can always hear friendly footstep audio, but it is usually delayed and makes me think enemies are near.
I can rarely hear enemies moving behind me. If there is any other audio cue within 300+ meters, footstep audio is completely mute.
Audio cues should have a play priority and not completely override eachother when anything happens.
My proposed audio cue order:
1) all movement: footsteps, stim, zipline, grapple, portal, rev ult, etc
2) bullets fired near / at your team
3) explosions from ultimates, grenades, etc
4) those teams fighting 500 meters away
Message 22 of 27 (671 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@Pallo420 I agree 100 percent.
Just finished a round where I was fighting and someone literally walked RIGHT UP TO ME and lit me up. Dropped me instantly I had no idea they were even coming. There needs to be a change.
Message 23 of 27 (600 Views)

★★★ Pro
@Tperodactyl Season 6 almost done and still same issues. Why did I buy battlepass for this game lol
Message 24 of 27 (583 Views)

★ Guide
@Tperodactyl Walking instead if running makes your footsteps almost silent, and its hard to hear them over gunfire. I've never had problems with footsteps. There might be a slight problem with the sound but a huge part of it is that people will look for any excuse to convince themselves they didnt lose they blame their teammates for not being there when they solo push a full team with 0 communication, they complain that the games are "too sweaty", and they complain that the game sound is broken.
Message 25 of 27 (508 Views)

★★★ Guide

Bump!!!!!

Message 26 of 27 (474 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

First of all; I hope those who claim that footstep audio is bugged play with good headphones. If you are some clueless kid, playing with 2 speakers in front of you, or even worse, on the TVs speakers, then just get out of here please. Its like saying "there are graphic bugs,  making it impossible to spot enemies" when playing on a 15 inch monitor, 1280*720 at 30 FPS.... 

Anyways; I always play with Geforce instant replay on and EVERY single time I think someone had silent footsteps, I save that replay and watch it and EVERY single time I found a perfectly natural explanation;

1) I simply got "tunnel hearing". Just like tunnel vision, when you are focused at something, your senses, or rather your brain, might just not pick up that information. Looking at the replay, ever so often I find out that the sound was there but I just didnt notice it..

2) The enemy used some kind of movement that closed the distance fast without making a sound. This is very often a Pathfinder who uses his grapple to from super far away to lounge himself at me. It can also be someone that jumps down on you or close to you from above.

3) Sound is masked by something else. Pretty obvious but if a thermite is burning next to you and 3-4 teams are shooting around you, footstep audio is simply very hard to detect.

Message 27 of 27 (388 Views)