Starting armor and backpack

by MossyShambler

Original Post

Starting armor and backpack

★ Guide

Lets be honest, getting unlucky and not finding a single backpack leaves you at a huge disadvantage because you have to leave so much loot behind. You've all been there, looting an entire location and maybe 2 backpacks spawned in the entire area and they've been claimed so you're running around with 3 or 4 stacks of ammo and healing, maybe 1 grenade or an attachment hoping you find the gun for it. Eliminate the white backpack and just have blue and purple/gold for upgrades.

Landing and finding only shield cells feels really *, why not have the standard life pool be 100 hp 25 shields so you at least have some healing in a pinch if you happen to only find shield cells. This would have to coincide with a loot system overhaul because of how completely random looting is, ie running through several unlooted buildings/bins and not finding a single gun.

Message 1 of 5 (378 Views)

Re: Starting armor and backpack

Community Manager

Thank you for the feedback! Not that there are any confirmed plans for this, but if 2 more slots were added to the inventory do you think that would improve this type of situation? This way you can carry two more stacks of ammo, one for each type of weapon.

Blueberry.png
Message 2 of 5 (355 Views)

★★★ Pro

Dude I dropped in Cascades with no armor and did 195 damage to a purple Caustic who couldn't aim and he just runs and punches me when he ran out of bullets. If I had armor, I clearly would have won.

Message 3 of 5 (345 Views)

★ Guide
It's just frustrating not finding a backpack and having to pass up so much stuff. In the early game you're trying to pick up as much ammo as you can because it feels like a never ending fire fight so you're always having to micro manage what you're carrying if you want some grenades and healing as well. Or you've accidentally picked up a couple mods that you can't use for the gun you have so it gets stuffed into your already full backpack, like a barrel mod or shotgun bolt (they look like barrels at a glance) for a gun that doesn't use it.

If we started with the white backpack it would help a lot, even in cases where you're leaving the initial drop area and still haven't found a backpack which happens to me pretty often.
Message 4 of 5 (318 Views)

★★★ Guide

I'd be fine with starting with the white backpacks instead of no backpack

Message 5 of 5 (232 Views)