Re: Standard magazines for most guns are to small.

by Fat-Bakel

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Standard magazines for most guns are to small.

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Automatic guns are outclassed buy every semi auto fire arm in the game cause of there magazine size.

Message 1 of 18 (1,798 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★★★ Apprentice

I agree. Most guns need a bigger base mag size and the purple mag stay the same.

View in thread

Message 4 of 18 (1,733 Views)

All Replies

★★★★★ Novice
This much I agree with. In COD as an example, you have 4-shot kills with most ARs, with 30 default mags...In this game, you don't have more than 20.
Message 2 of 18 (1,751 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
Every gun in apex that was in Titanfall 2 does both less dmg and most also have lower mag capacity despite having to deal with significantly tankier targets. Can you guess which gun retained most of it's dmg from titanfall 2(and didn't lose any mag capacity)? It rymes with dingman...
Message 3 of 18 (1,745 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I agree. Most guns need a bigger base mag size and the purple mag stay the same.

Message 4 of 18 (1,734 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
Either this, or increase the spawn rate of the extended mags.
Message 5 of 18 (1,723 Views)

[ Edited ]

I think the magazines are currently fine.

If you are in combat you are the weakest when you take damage or need to reload.

If you can force the enemy in a spot because he needs to heal / reload.

wins games.

I wouldn't mind if they changed it but i like smaller magazines.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png
Message 6 of 18 (1,710 Views)

★★ Apprentice
sigh how about you just fiddle with your mouse sensitivity until you feel the number of bullets isn't the issue?
Message 7 of 18 (1,672 Views)

★ Guide
No magazine size is fine. It promotes weapon swapping and actually taking cover during fights.

Find the loot have a bigger magazine.
Message 8 of 18 (1,664 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

The only thing that irks me is the 18 bullets in the r-99 and r-301. 20 rounds to start, 22 with the lvl 1 mag, 25 with the lvl2 mag, 30 with the lvl 3 mag, and 35 with the lvl 4 mag ( so rare that the 15 extra bullets would benefit). 

Message 9 of 18 (1,655 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

I am second to this, totally agree with. 18-20 bullets for SMGs is peanuts at game start where usually 1-2 shot shotgun players finish you in 30 sec or later on when the enmy already has shields (+50 damage) and you need two mags (reload) to kill just one single guy from a 3 unit squad...

I would suggest at least BF4 like magazine sizes, especially because of the shields and helmets, plus the various insta recover items in Apex... enemy and their skill shall kill us not the budget, low ammo.

Just think for BF4 (the de facto etalon FPS game) where only the FAMAS (the fastest and most dangerous close combat weapon) was penalized with 20 ammo, all other SMGs have 30-35 or more and in BF there is no five different recovery stuff for each player and no any shield or helmet to eliminate an extra 50% damage....

Message 10 of 18 (1,607 Views)