Snipers are ruining this game

by xSagez

Original Post

Snipers are ruining this game

★★★★ Apprentice

[Designer Notes: For Season 3 weapon changes, our goals were to encourage and improve longer range gunfights and reduce power on some of the weapons that have been dominating lately.] ... this is terrible. The most annoying thing prepatch was longbow spam snipers and the most annoying thing post patch is all snipers. It drives me insane when an entire team is just sitting back in a building or a cliff doing nothing but spamming sniper shots, or even worse, spamming sniper shots while third partying. Teams that have no business effecting the outcome of a fight because they're so far away, so far from danger yet controlling everything. Low risk, high reward is one of the worst things you can have in a multiplayer game because it feels terrible to be on the end of it and that’s exactly what snipers currently are.

I love how you make a massive map to try to mitigate third partying then make snipers broken so third partying is even easier. It’s honestly hilarious how little thought went into this. 

And I’m not even just talking about charge rifle. Double tap g7 is also busted even at close range.

Message 1 of 10 (2,293 Views)

Re: Snipers are ruining this game

★★★★ Apprentice

the hardest job for a sniper in this game is literally determining which of the two teams that you’re about to third party is winning so you can shoot them to make the fight more even then eventually kill them both. Absolute joke.

Message 2 of 10 (2,280 Views)

★★★ Pro

The long range fights have been better to be honest and Anvil also helps out if you running 301/flatline. I just think the Hemlock should have got Anvil too because single fire hemlock is bad now unless you use it for burst only.

Anyway, G7 Scout is finally perfect with 34 damage. Double Tap is not good at all ranges. Most people will use Single Fire 80% of the time with G7. They will only switch to Double Tap if enemies are getting too close. Remember, G7 is when people are too close to you. Double Tap has a weakness though, if you miss your shots. You going to die. You need to land you shots or something like a R-99/301/flatline/Havoc etc will most like knock/kill you.

I'm glad for the G7 buff and changes. Just need to know when to use Double Tap and when not to use it. 

Charge Rifle is the problem for Season 3 but it is getting a nerf/balance change.

Message 3 of 10 (2,257 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@xSagez I'm going to have to respectfully disagree with just about everything in this post. I got killed way more in Season 2 by snipers than this current season. Deaths in this season usually come from a 3rd or 4th party pushing into a fight that we just finished while we are still recovering.

If you think sniping is so OP in this current season though, might I suggest you snipe more.
"If you can't beat 'em, join 'em"
Message 4 of 10 (2,217 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I personally like to run around with g7 instead of sitting in one spot to snipe. More fun that way and easier to down people (unless they have gold armor) instead of wasting ammunition cause people have something to hide behind.

Also I’ve been killed more times with people using close range weapons than long range this season. While in the second season everyone was sniping with longbow and triple take. Whenever people start using their charge rifles, I just won’t engage in long range attacks.Once you get the timing down, you can dodge in and out of cover until you got the advantage over that person. Forcing him or her to switch weapons. 

Though if you are getting tired of snipers, try using Bangalore. Smoke their location and they will be force to move. Giving you time to retreat for a better position. 

Message 5 of 10 (2,203 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

can we nerf g7 already? idk how devs can literally sit there for months with broken guns in their game causing thousands of people to dislike the game more and more each day.

Message 6 of 10 (2,045 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

I think all the snipers are perfectly balanced now. With the exception of the G7. I hate the double tap perk. It really should have gotten a "dead shot" perk where it eliminates bullet drop, only bullet drop tho. Then maybe I would actually use it as a sniper rifle sometimes. Double tap doesn't help at all and I hate using it. 

I think the triple take should get a buff though. It was a step in the right direction with reducing the precision choke time. But still, so many people have run to cover when I was using it that they just heal anyhow. Maybe increase mag size? Or remove the precision choke time completely, or increase precision choke damage. Charge rifle is perfect - 4 shots, 3 shots a piece (i don't think the 3 rounds a shot was necessary tho, makes it hard running that with another energy gun). But reducing longbow fire rate was also good. Talk about spamming...

Message 7 of 10 (1,968 Views)

★ Guide
@xSagez It's not the snipers, it's the map (Worlds Edge)
Message 8 of 10 (1,873 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

Read my Longbow Post guys/gals!

If anyone of you has ever tried to snipe someone from any distance, especially a person moving, you should know how difficult it is to hit them.

The Longbow is not an easy weapon in the game to use, if you really consider it, sitting under a scope looking out at distance, a well planned team can sneak up on them if that team is just camping and trying to maintain only long distance shots.

As for the G7 and TripleTake, they are easier, but a good moving target is still not easy.

Also anyone being shot from distance should soon be able to spot the location to avoid, situational awareness is what you have to maintain all the time in the game, to avoid situations like this, and there are plenty of places all over the map to maintain an out of sight position.

Next time you play the game, think about running all across the map, constantly staying out of view, granted some areas are harder then others, but a huge percentage of the map, does play well into being sneaky, if you work at it.

Message 9 of 10 (1,860 Views)

★★★★ Novice

kings canyon will come back soon , this is just test for long range.

Message 10 of 10 (1,829 Views)