Sniper rifles don't really feel like, well...sniper rifles

by Throhjen

Original Post

Sniper rifles don't really feel like, well...sniper rifles

★★ Guide

The most you'd get from picking up a sniper and sticking to it is just a bunch of damage with no kills, putting your teammates at risk, as they aren't running one, they might get close and personal with enemy teams while you're left behind looking for a good angle, but tough luck, because they are fighting behind the building and by the time you get there to help, they might have already ressed their teammates and fully shielded back up.

If you consider the variable movement speeds, sliding, climbing, it's quite improbable to hit a good shot on a moving target, let alone a second shot, on an already aware enemy. In their current state, if you look at the bigger picture, they have no place in the game. First of all what i feel they need most is a lot of a faster bullet velocity, second, is a bigger head shot multiplier as the helmets are extremely powerful, what is it, 40% reduced damage with a lvl 3?

Message 1 of 18 (1,630 Views)

Re: Sniper rifles don't really feel like, well...sniper rifles

@Throhjen Apart from the Kraber and Sentinel. You can certainly put some real pressure on with the Sentinel.
The Longbow and Triple take are ok at mid-long range with lower zoom sights, basically dmr style weapons but could use a rework.
I think all snipers need a re work and I agree.
Message 2 of 18 (1,599 Views)

★★★ Pro
@Throhjen I mean, I recently one shot a poor Wraith with 125 damage on a longbow, and yesterday got double tapped by a Sentinel as Bangalore so, snipers aren't weak, you just need to land those critical shots more often
Message 3 of 18 (1,521 Views)

★★ Guide

It's not impossible, sure, if you're fighting potatoes of course it's an easy shot on them, but on average, a normal player doesn't stand still or peek again after they get headshotted by a sniper, they  reposition accordingly. You could also consider the possibility of a hacker, it's not that uncommon.

Message 4 of 18 (1,518 Views)

★ Guide
@Throhjen I agree, the only snipe I use anymore is the Kraber of course because it's actually capable of a 1 shot kill.
Message 5 of 18 (1,477 Views)

★★★★ Pro

The snipers in this game feels like you're firing a 40mm grenade launcher with rubber dummies. Same as the guns feel like paintball markers, both regarding range and velocity...

It's Nerf or nothing, apparently...

Message 6 of 18 (1,461 Views)

★★ Guide

IMO all weapons should receive a muzzle velocity buff, but snipers are in a class on their own in regards of badly needing a buff in this aspect.

Message 7 of 18 (1,427 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

if you cant land shots on a normal moving player, sniping isnt for you.   if you cant land head shots, dont expect a kill in 1 or 2 shots. 

there are some fun sniping mobile games you guys might enjoy.

Message 8 of 18 (1,280 Views)

★ Apprentice

so your pretty much agreeing to what this guy is saying? snipers on this game suck a G7 outclasses every single one. 

Message 9 of 18 (1,257 Views)

★★ Expert
@lxrgmonster Well, a longbow can beat out the G7 if you can land your shots. It does 55 a shot, abt 100 if you get headshot. It has a little less firing speed, but it isn't that much less, and it has very little recoil.

Other snipers can beat the G7, if you play right. If the G7 is just being spammed at you, you have to do the peek and shoot method with a high damage per shot sniper, like the charge rifle or sentinel.
Message 10 of 18 (1,223 Views)