Re: Sniper rifles don't really feel like, well...sniper rifles

by lxrgmonster

Original Post

★ Apprentice

you still didn't deny that the g7 outclasses every single sniper in the game. I like how you said land your shots. Which is easier to land shots with A G7 with a 1x scope or a longbow with eight times. We both know the answer here. Now I want you to read what you typed here and notice how you brought up mechanics that a sniper should use. I've never played a game where sniping was supposed to be easy. Now it would honor me to show you how a g7 would pick apart every sniper in the game in the training area. I'll show you "how much skill you would have to use" and prove how the g7 is broken.

Sir_Named just admit its broken I really can't see why you would even pick up any other sniper except the kraber(that's only because it's gold ) and maybe the triple take. I know you've played rank and let's be real this gun has been a problem for the last two seasons. Defend this gun all you want but be real with yourself and admit its a cheese weapon.  34 on a body shot no matter the range and somewhat unpredictable headshot damage. Easy tracking due to them allowing them to use AR scopes. I've had a lot of matches where some sweat squad has a Pathfinder and predicts where the circle is going to end and then their whole squad has G7's and then on top of that they have those evo shields. You have to pray for a third party because of thats hard to beat.  You already have to worry about being outgunned by the havocs because you know they put those everywhere and give them about 5000 rounds a match. Its easy finding energy ammo, and light ammo. I've did a personal survey on my last 100 deaths and I've been killed by the Havoc 43 times and the g7 34 times.  EA please do something with those guns.  

Message 11 of 18 (962 Views)

★★ Expert
@lxrgmonster True, it's easier to land shots from the G7 than a lower firerate gun, but that doesn't mean it outclasses it. (Also, the bullet width has been reversed). As an example, the Spitfire is easier to land shots due to the large mag, but it doesn't outclass weapons such as the r-99 or flatline, both of which have a higher dps than Spitfire. Or, as another example, the G7 and the Kraber. The G7 is easier to spam at enemies, but if you actually hit your shots with the Kraber, you can do tremendous damage.
The G7 is more friendly to a less experienced player, but if you can actually hit your shots, then a gun like the longbow will do better. It's harder, but you are rewarded with more damage.

Snipers can also use mid-range optics. Snipers can even use 1x optics. There is no advantage here that the G7 has.

Well, yeah, if a team gets a positioning advantage over you, it'll be hard to beat them. That's just tactics 101. If they all had hemloks, then it would still be difficult.

Havoc is getting a nerf, but it hopefully won't sink to being unusable.

Message 12 of 18 (937 Views)

★ Apprentice

G7 outclasses due to high fire rate and just more overall usability. The snipers are pretty useless in this game. You even said you have had to do all that extra crap to use the longbow and all. you right you can get destroyed by this "Friendly weapon" but what happens when these so-called pros touch this. Now let's stop beating around the bush do you feel like something should be done to this weapon or are you a g7 advocate? I mean it's ok to like the gun but you and I both know it's affecting the use and flat out outclasses every sniper on here. Heck, all these matches I've played I honestly forgot the longbow, charge rifle existed. Really play 20 matches straight and when you die look at the recap. 

As far as the Havoc all the have to do is bring energy mags back. I can't say the damage is OP because you can beat it. You're just going to get outgunned. Starting with 32 in the mag is destroying people on drops.  See the lStar isn't that bad because you can pick it up and forget to get the ammo. One havoc with no mods is just straight up outgunning people on drops. I can't tell you how many times I've dropped and got me an Altenator with my nice 16 bullets in the clip just to get overwhelmed by someone who missed over 60 percent of the clip when I landed every single bullet. It's pretty frustrating. Havoc should start with 24 bullets and you should be able to find mags to increase it up to 32. They also need to have some increasing recoil effect the longer you hold the trigger. It's an energy weapon so I'm assuming it uses a battery and batteries overheat. 

Message 13 of 18 (915 Views)

The G7 Scout is a very powerful tool in the hands of a skilled player, and yes, in the hands of a skilled player it outclasses any sniper weapon. Bigger magazine size, greater versatility, and it supports agile combat without the loss of accuracy.

Message 14 of 18 (885 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Expert

@lxrgmonsterBasically, if you can snipe, snipers are good and can beat the G7.
If you can't snipe, then the G7 is very forgiving and can still provide decent damage at range.

Havoc is getting a nerf. So, yeah.

Message 15 of 18 (883 Views)

I have been playing with snipers a bit more, notably the Kraber, Sentinel and DMR Longbow.

Worth noting: I usually take the role of the sniper in almost every game, so I am familiar with ranged takeouts.

Snipers here indeed feel unrewarding. The only weapon that rewards you is Kraber if you hit a headshot, which is the only sniper weapon I approve in this game. I mean, yes. I understand that Snipers aren't supposed to be meta. But damn, 140 damage with a Sentinel shot when it's a headshot, that's not even white armor killed/downed.

Message 16 of 18 (840 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I have to agree sniping doesn't feel like sniping they definitely need more punch.

I know it's an unfair comparison but in COD Warzone, sniping is so rewarding. You often down a player with one headshot or maybe 2.

This is the kind of long range engagement I think world edge should have aimed to.

Of course this should not be the case for DMR's like the Longbow.

It would be better with systems like the sentinel and the triple take, which both neet time and loot to make the damage.

So trippeltake shots could be slightly more powerful and the sentinel should be capable of getting charged with shield cells, so it's easier to get those powerful body hits.

(Can't speak for the charge rifle, I don't use it that often)

Message 17 of 18 (737 Views)

★ Apprentice

i love the charge rifle but the usually when you start to attack someone he move and dodge it and then everyone on the map know where you are .

The sentinnel is quite good but like all other sniper with the distance its a pain to aim ( from 0 to 200 300 its good but after its a pain in the * except for charge )

Kraber is very good but you need to find one usually when a airdrop come its the party there

i love usuing triple take but the ammo you use for a chargeed shot is too big you go out of ammo very very fast

Message 18 of 18 (725 Views)