Should the Wingman be Nerfed?

by ttvTetimor1

Original Post

My friends and I are quitting the game

★ Apprentice

It is ridiculous, most of the time we lose to a wingman user.

Every, EVERY team runs the wingman because it's ridiculously OP compared to other weapons. Pair it up with a Wraith with no hitbox. Yep.

All my friends got tired of the unbalances of this game. Hopefully the devs will listen to the community in the future, and give a crap.
No wonder everyone is crying about the wingman.

Message 91 of 122 (745 Views)

Re: Should the Wingman be Nerfed?

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

This is one thing I am shocked no one has pointed out.

Why has no one mentioned the movement speed you have while aiming down sight with the wingman? Seriously. Take any rifle. 301, hemlock, snipers.

You move at like 50% movement speed it ADS. Take the wing man and you move at 100%.

Like seriously, this is a REALLY big thing that makes the weapon strong. If an enemy aims down sight with a spitfire, one advantage you have is they are moving quite slow and AD spam is not very reliable for them. Makes shooting back a bit easier to hit.

Now imagine having the wingman. You're still harder to hit, but you're shooting an almost stationary target.

So if he doesn't have more skill and track you better, since you have the easier job, he loses.

The wingman is the only weapon have that kind of DPS potential, while still keeping your suitability with your movement speed. The only two other weapons that you move 100% movement speed at are the peacekeeper and the P2020

Message 92 of 122 (764 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I think instead of nerfing it we should just increase it's rarity. Right now it's too easy to find. I think the wingman is fine the way it is but it's too common. If the developers are to nerf the weapon the only thing I would accept is removing the option to add an extended magazine.

Message 93 of 122 (753 Views)

★ Guide

@LordB0bby wrote:

I think instead of nerfing it we should just increase it's rarity. Right now it's too easy to find. I think the wingman is fine the way it is but it's too common. If the developers are to nerf the weapon the only thing I would accept is removing the option to add an extended magazine.

The only thing you’d be willing to accept lol?

streamers if they are total losers aka kingrichard don’t even pickup wingman because of its low skill cap and OP.

wingman needs extended ammo removed and skillpeircer removed and it would still be the best overall gun in the game.

rarity is also too high you can find 5

wingmans to every 1 longbow and 2 spitfire.

Message 94 of 122 (744 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@LordB0bby wrote:

Increasing rarity doesnt make it less OP.  It just means fewer people have an OP weapon, giving fewer people a large advantage.

The point of nerfing is to remove the extreme advantage

Message 95 of 122 (727 Views)

★ Guide
I never knew the wingman moved faster while ADS, but I guess that makes sense since people are obnoxiously hard to hit all the time with that damn gun. I don't use the Wingman out of principle, but I would like to use it if it was a better spot. I like using the Deagle in CSGO from time to time, those headshot kills are so satisfying. That's not the case at all in this game, it just feels dirty to use.
Message 96 of 122 (721 Views)

★ Apprentice

For god sake, nerf this gun man. How come it hasnt been nerfed yet?? Like wtf? *

Message 97 of 122 (694 Views)

★★★ Newbie

because being good at aiming with this gun makes it unfair for the people that didnt get one

Message 98 of 122 (654 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Respawn is doing a great job in weapon balancing. Not too much not too less. They really know what they are doing

Message 99 of 122 (604 Views)

★ Apprentice

Hard one tbh as I think wingman at the current moment isn't the issue with gun balance it's the peacekeeper which is what is killing the game for a lot of the people I know. Not the wingman.

Message 100 of 122 (599 Views)