Re: Should the Wingman be Nerfed?

by AdmiralTwitchy

Original Post

★ Guide
@-R-RiCE41 Yeah if anything do this guy's idea! but naw on more nerfed wingman I think.
Message 111 of 122 (896 Views)

★★ Pro
@hhnbbfggty66 This is simply not true. I play on xbone and since the last patch made my hitreg manageable the wingman has been one of my fav guns.
Message 112 of 122 (854 Views)

★★★ Guide

wingman is on good state right now 

Message 113 of 122 (843 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Wingman is busted. Almost no damage dropoff and you can just strafe back and forth making it hard to hit you. A gun like this has absolutely no drawback and it ruins the game

Message 114 of 122 (833 Views)

★★★ Guide

so why when i play most of time people not useing wingman? its high skill high reward gun people who say wingman is op is those who dont play with this gun

Message 115 of 122 (820 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@adidasPowah It feels like the kind of complaints about the wingman/longbow are just about people who dont like getting beamed by good shots. Fair enough - no one does.

When a developer caves to nerfing things like this into uselessness the complaint just shifts to another weapon and then another until the TTK in game is up to where everyone is a bulletsponge.
Message 116 of 122 (811 Views)

★ Guide
@ttvTetimor1 I don't agree u have to have some skill to actually use it plus it's got it need already bigger issues to deal with for apex, I don't think this is one of them.
Message 117 of 122 (743 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Wingman: The most accurate and powerful, it is impossible to compete at any distance. Sniper rifles are useless. Too much rate of fire and damage.

Message 118 of 122 (543 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@edit_oce Its not about getting beamed by good shots. The Wingman is OP at range. Noway should I be losing to a wingman when I have a sniper. Good shots? Okay, maybe if I wasn't sitting still because I have a HEAVY sniper rifle that makes me move REALLY slow while they have a super light pistol where they can move like a freaking maniac. So now throw in someone like revenant or pathfinder, yeah I am now trying to hit a skeleton from 100+ meters away that is dancing and moving very fast. They have to hit a very slow moving target. Who cares about scopes and zooms. It all comes down to motion. In a zoomed scope, your fov is small. So the other person can easily move and hide out of the scope view WHILE still shooting at/hitting me. It is not about being a good shot. It is ALL about motion. Any gun that is NOT a pistol adds very significant amounts of ADS movement slow down. When the wingman is shooting you, you are slow, they are fast, you automatically become an easier target (add the ROF of the wingman and now you are really an easy target) there is no skill in that.

A GREAT nerf would be to have the wingman's bullets immediately drop ad 50 meters. OR add damage falloff, so the further away the person is, the less damage the bullet does. Its a pistol. Go out with a pistol in real life and tell me how much damage a 9mm does at 100+ meters. I can get into the physics behind mass of projectile and acceleration (F=ma) as to why the bullet from a pistol should not be doing high damage at range and why its bullet drop off should be very soon.

Like the PK, this gun is ridiculous. I do not use either because I feel bad for my opponent. I like a challenge it shouldn't be that easy to take someone out.
Message 119 of 122 (507 Views)

★★★ Newbie

yes the wingman needs a nerf, at 300m range the wingman still does unreal amounts of dmg. no point in ever picking up a sniper rifle when you've got a wingman. 

Message 120 of 122 (450 Views)