Re: Remove Armor Swapping Mid-Fire

by mxiter

Original Post

Remove Armor Swapping Mid-Fire

★★★★ Novice

A player should NOT be able to pick up and equip a fresh body armor floor loot literally in the middle of firing. Please add even a half second equip animation. It does not make sense from a gameplay perspective to land all my shots on someone, literally doing 250+ damage before they can med, but they still win the fight because they equipped a body shield WITHOUT EVEN LETTING GO OF THE FIRE BUTTON.

Here -- let me 1 hand laser you with my alternator while my other hand slips myself into something more comfortable. Big oof.

Message 1 of 15 (3,712 Views)

★★★★ Guide

I didn't even know you could. I wish they would get rid of kicking you out of death boxes when you take damage

Message 2 of 15 (3,695 Views)

★★★ Pro

That's called skill. Nothing wrong with it at all. Learn from it and use it. 

Message 3 of 15 (3,654 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Yeah, but it really doesn't take skill, does it? It requires knowing that it's a mechanic and abusing it. I've used it too, but I've won fights that I shouldn't have, only because it's a mechanic we have to live with for now.

Gunplay and game sense are skill. Land your shots. Dip out of a fight to med. Play the battlefield. Those things take skill. Gameplay shouldn't have to be balanced around someone being able to pick up an extra 100hp midfight with NO DRAWBACK. A simple equip time makes it a choice -- do I have a second to equip this? Or should I keep firing my gun? Not both.

Message 4 of 15 (3,642 Views)

★★ Expert
@notQuipster It is skill....

Because this is in the game, I manage to fight off and kill 9 players who all rushed me in solo, I assume for being kill leader and champion, but yea. I continued swapping out armor over and over using lvl 1, 2, and 3 armor.

Swapping out armor isn't so easy when you have to scroll to it fast and quit looting otherwise you end up dead.

If you are talking about armor that is on the floor, I believe its still fair. Everyone can do it.

If I'm playing wraith and see a lvl 3 armor near by, I'll make a portal to a safe spot and connect it to the armor to save some shield batteries and surprise the enemy with full armor. Good strat.
Message 5 of 15 (3,622 Views)

★ Guide
@notQuipster I play on console so can't really say this is a problem for us because you have to let of some kind of button in order to equipped. I get what you mean but it seams like the person was just skillful in how they played the fight. For console the biggest issue I find is default sensitivity when in menu or a death box which I hope they address for controller players
Message 6 of 15 (3,544 Views)

Community Manager

@iBlockHead wrote:
@notQuipster It is skill....

Swapping out armor isn't so easy when you have to scroll to it fast and quit looting otherwise you end up dead.

@notQuipster  ^ This is what they were referring to in regards to "skill." 

I suppose it's possible the team could always move the armor further down the loot box window, but that's changing a whole UI for one particular situation unless the community as a whole feels it's necessary. 

Like some others mentioned though, there is a risk going to loot it while in battle. It's not always easy on console because of speed and where your aiming icon is positioned. I see where you're coming from though, been in situations myself where it seemed like 200+ damage was dealt but they somehow gained more HP after going around a corner (they looted!) Angry

Blueberry.png
Message 7 of 15 (3,523 Views)

Champion

Why does this need removing? Not sure i see the issue. It's highly situational and not an overly common issue.

As for abusing a system i'm not seeing this either. Hypothetically speaking...if you were to run out of bullets mid gun fight and there was the right ammo on the floor you would pick it up, would that be considered system abuse also?

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 8 of 15 (3,501 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Without mentioning that armor swap is actually keep 3rd parties less advantagous, wich is a good thing.

Message 9 of 15 (3,465 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

It just seems like a wasted flawed system where I can do a lengthy animation on a down player to get full shield or just eliminate them and loot their shield much faster, there is obviously some experience required to pull that off. I know crypto ultimate was changed to hit all armor to prevent armor swapping so I though it wasn’t an intended strategy for players to do this, but right now there is just no reason not to switch armors with every person that you take down. For the same reason why add fast heal to gold armor and dome shield it is not as useful to be able to fast heal as it is to just instant heal a shield from a death box.

Message 10 of 15 (3,297 Views)