Re: Reduce muzzle flash PLEASE

by Valeks1

Original Post

Reduce muzzle flash PLEASE

★ Guide

Muzzle flash in this game is absolutely BLINDING on some weapons to the point where you cannot track or even see your target. This is not a good or fun gameplay mechanic, rather its extremely annoying and frustrating. 

I want to be able to see what im shooting at, PLEASE tone this down. As it stands many people including popular streamers are creating config files to remove muzzle flash because of how bad it is.

Message 1 of 20 (4,011 Views)

Community Manager

Which specific weapons do you have the most trouble with?

Blueberry.png
Message 2 of 20 (3,968 Views)

★ Guide
I'm willing to bet it's most noticable with high rate-of-fire guns but is applicable to every gun.
Message 3 of 20 (3,959 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Just get yourself a level 4 barrel stabilizer, it reduces muzzle flash 

As for changing game files to give yourself an advantage, I call that cheating 

Message 4 of 20 (3,939 Views)

★★ Novice

All of them just about every time i try to shoot something i always lose the target in the flash.

Message 5 of 20 (3,497 Views)

★ Apprentice

r99, r301, spitfire, havoc devotion are the worst for me. its mostly when i use the weapon but also sometimes the enemy i just straight up cant see anything

https://clips.twitch.tv/EndearingStormyWalletFloof

Message 6 of 20 (2,441 Views)

★★ Expert

I want to say I've had this problem as well but only when I don't use a scope with my gun, like the R99 or Prowler. But once I do get a scope (My fav being the HCOG) the muzzle flash is barely noticeable for any gun. 

Could that be the issue here?

Unless you're talking about the L-Star, than nvm. That guns recoil and flash are out of this world. 

Message 7 of 20 (2,403 Views)

★ Pro
@iBlockHead I agree. The scopes negate the muzzle flash pretty well.

The L-Star is almost ineffective at medium range due to its flash alone, to say nothing of the recoil.
Message 8 of 20 (2,387 Views)

★★ Pro

This must be a worse issue on PC than console because other than the devotion/havoc I barely notice it :S

Message 9 of 20 (2,378 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@Anlbrd
Playing on console the game literally tracks the target for you because of aim assist. So id imagine you wouldnt notice it as much but i doubt its much different unless they lowered particle effects to improve performance for some reason. This isnt to disparage console players, its simply a fact.

When you're playing on PC and your reticle doesnt magnetically stick to a target its pretty frustrating when muzzle flash completely obscures your target and you dont know where to aim. Its particularly bad in dark areas and in shadows.

Here is an example clip in a reddit thread and there are many others

https://www.reddit.com/r/apexlegends/comments/ce9nop/please_please_please_reduce_the_muzzle_flash_in...

As you can clearly see in this video you dont see the target at all, only muzzle flash this is stupid. If muzzle flash like this exists for balancing reasons this is an incredibly stupid and lazy way to balance guns. No other popular FPS game on the market has muzzle flash this bad.

Message 10 of 20 (2,347 Views)