Red version of EVO shield needs to go away !

by WarCitizen

Original Post

Red version of EVO shield needs to go away !

★★★★★ Novice

Firstly thank you for reverting the armor change it needed to be done. I also really like that all armor is EVO it makes doing damage feel rewarding.

However, now that all armor is EVO we don’t have a need for the red version. Armor should only go to 100 max. When EVO shields were first introduced they were given a total of 125 armor to help incentivize players to pick them up and use them. Since all armor is EVO now if the red version goes away the game will feel just like it used too in the first few seasons. If armor maxes at 100 it would also make the gold shield feel superior again since it’s a Legendary and that’s how it should be.

I truly feel Apex needs this change. This is also coming from someone who gets red shields a lot. Most of the time though I feel it’s unfair when I steam roll over someone who doesn’t have a extra 25 armor. Armor just needs to max out at 100 and problem solved.

Message 1 of 8 (2,746 Views)

Re: Red version of EVO shield needs to go away !

★★★★★ Novice

Then they would again start whining about the ttk 😂

Message 2 of 8 (2,638 Views)

★★ Guide
@WarCitizen agreed no one should have 225 health.

ESPECIALLY NOT A GIBBY

If a gibby has a red evo, and you're shooting him with say a wingman. His gun shield, evo shield, and reduced damage makes it stupid. He takes 38 damage per bullet instead of 45. This means you need to shoot his shield with 2 bullets to break it. Then another 6 bullets to down him.. so those 8 bullets on a standard character would equal 360 damage!

So you need to do the equivalent of 360 damage to knock a gibby with red evo with a wingman!?
Message 3 of 8 (2,611 Views)

★★★ Pro
@CocoaTheHyena

I think Evo should become seperate pickup the rewards sacrifice like the 1 in season 5.

It started at 25 and was hard to get to 225 because the sacrifice could get you killed.

The problem is too many people have Purple and Red Evo Armours. Increading TTK to ridiculous amounts.

Its only okay if a few people have 225 Evo, not everyone.
Message 4 of 8 (2,580 Views)

★★★ Novice
@ItsYaBoi_Izaan I dont think people would whine about ttk. Its sad then the legendary GOLD armor is not preferred when it comes to the red evo. Im with OP in reducing the Red Evo shields to 100
Message 5 of 8 (2,578 Views)

★★ Expert

What if they just increased the required damage? Seems like it’d help. Reduces the amount of red evos.

Message 6 of 8 (2,561 Views)

★★ Pro

Separating them back into evo and non-evo shields seems to be the best idea to reduce the number of red evo's.

The fact that anyone can find a blue or purple and  build it to red is really why there seems to be so many now.

Having to level it from white is what kept the numbers lower.

Message 7 of 8 (2,523 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@WarCitizenRemember when red armor was 100 and everybody started babyraging that the ttk was slightly faster. I liked that change it felt much more rewarding to sneak up on someone, and fights were faster making third parties less of a problem.

Message 8 of 8 (2,362 Views)