Re: Red Evo Shield is too common and too powerful

by DrSeptimus

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Red Evo Shield is too common and too powerful

★★★ Novice

Just wanting to throw my opinion out there and really hope I dont come off as complaining. I think the Red Evo is too strong and too common (easy to get). When you get down to end game (especially in higher level play) most people tend to take red evo shields. The fights sometimes become very drawn out. In lower level play, I've noticed people are very afraid to take on a team with red evo shields. The disparity for a team that cant find loot or enemies to fight to a team that has reached red evo status is way to massive...

Another reason in my opinion is that almost no one takes the gold shield over the red anymore. Why is gold shield so much harder to come by as opposed to a red evo shield, and yet most players stick with the gold? All of the gold items have the armor properties as their highest tier counterparts with a bonus affect. This makes the gold shield sometimes seem inferior to the red evo. 

I think the red evo shield should be brought to 4 bars, this would also make the gold shield considered legendary item, as its color suggests.
What do you guys think?

Message 1 of 15 (2,458 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★ Guide
@keenthedream At 500 damage required to evolves it, I would say it is fine at where it was. The real problem is that crafting reduce the threshold a lot. In some cases, it isn't difficult to evolves it to red especially if you already have it at purple.

If the daily/weekly craft isn't exactly the gear or weapon you need, getting a lot of crafting material to upgrade it isn't so hard. I would say the replicator would need to adjust the amount of crafting material needed to upgrade evo shield. The higher level evo should consume more material to upgrade it.

View in thread

Message 9 of 15 (2,319 Views)

All Replies

★★ Expert
@keenthedream If the red evo is brought to 4 bars, what would happen to purple? They already tried reducing all armor by 25.
And in that case, the gold shield would be 100% better, whereas (judging from earlier choices) Respawn wanted to make the red evo an alternative to the gold shield.
Message 2 of 15 (2,426 Views)

★★ Novice

Literally almost every fight I get into I get killed because no matter what I’m running a toxic player just killing everyone because they have a red evo shield. 

Message 3 of 15 (2,396 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

Or maybe because they are better than you ? Or maybe they deserved that Red EVO, which didn`t come from a lucky pickup, but you actually has to level it up by fighting.

Thats why a lot of people are complaining. They were waiting and waiting and waiting, and wait to 3rd party at the end and steal the win, but now they have to fight to actually level that EVO, and thats is why all the complain comes from. As well as from bad aimers.

You are in a equal pars with the enemy.

If you got to hit for 125, he got to hit for that as well. If you are with a lower EVO shied, its because you were hiding and waiting for the final bell ...

Message 4 of 15 (2,382 Views)

★★ Guide
@LordloshBang That's not always the case.. some player could just respawn and they would need to level up their evo shield all over again.

Trying to level it up again would take times, especially when there is lesser squad to engage.

@keenthedream It's not the red evo being common to come by, it just the gold armor is being much rare than the red currently. Thus, giving the illusion it is easy to have it.
Message 5 of 15 (2,371 Views)

★★★ Novice
@Sir_Named well or would be like prior seasons. White 2, blue 3, purple 4. Not that complicated, no?

@LordloshBang lol better than someone? If that's the only logic you can use, clearly you don't think things through. Example: you and someone an anemey drop at the same time both get level one shields. You get a Mozambique and the enemy gets a volt. They kill you and do more damage than you and also level up. How do you both do the same DPs? You're saying you take 140 and they take 140? What? It's called different DPS in different guns obviously. Pls say something useful instead of "they're better then you" you just sound dim at that point
Message 6 of 15 (2,363 Views)

★★★ Novice
@keenthedream As another point is like to add. This game has a lot of different aspects. You arguing that waiting for a third party is the only reason they get red is also wrong. What if a team genuinely haven't run across another team? Or they're trying to get better loot because a p2020 isn't gonna cut it mid-long range? @LordloshBang what rank are you? This should be pretty obvious
Message 7 of 15 (2,361 Views)

★★ Expert
@keenthedream But then, they’d just remove an item? That’d be fine, but then it’s a precedent that discourages any future changes to the armor system.
And if they stop making changes, the game gets stale.
Message 8 of 15 (2,340 Views)

★★ Guide
@keenthedream At 500 damage required to evolves it, I would say it is fine at where it was. The real problem is that crafting reduce the threshold a lot. In some cases, it isn't difficult to evolves it to red especially if you already have it at purple.

If the daily/weekly craft isn't exactly the gear or weapon you need, getting a lot of crafting material to upgrade it isn't so hard. I would say the replicator would need to adjust the amount of crafting material needed to upgrade evo shield. The higher level evo should consume more material to upgrade it.
Message 9 of 15 (2,320 Views)

★★ Pro

If the point is to make the gold rare and legendary and worth taking over the red just make it 125.

Either way I don't have any issue with the shields being the way they currently are.

Message 10 of 15 (2,312 Views)