Re: REMOVE MASTIFF ! OMG !

by Xx__Miku831__xX

Original Post

★ Guide
@Zamaha400 No damage reduction for range is really a problem. Actually I always get headshot by a wingman at a long range. Guess what, I am too tired that EA will not implement damage reduction on range, hence now I am trying to use wingman as my main weapon. For R99, I am too suck to control its recoil while Volt is better due to its slower fire speed.

As I said, mastiff are hard to win against most of the weapons when having 100m distance and there is nothing between them. You will certainly be deleted before you reach ~20m, which mastiff can deal more damage. But to be honest, there is not so much chance that this situation happens (and you are not allowed to flee). Of course you can't compare to that old good sniper shotgun (that 110 damage in a hit and can do the same in 100m), but mastiff is better as it can still deal some damage in mid-range and it is harder to miss, this makes enemy low enough to be 2-shotted even you missed some of the bullets.

Removing the bolt for mastiff only cannot solve the problem (actually problems). Although this kind of games needs to base on some lucks, you can die fast when you cannot get a bodyshield while enemy gets a mastiff. This takes only 0 second as BAM, you are already dead. You can do this with snipers too, but it definitely less likely to happen, the enemy at least need to aim at your head to do this. I think we need to do something to the damage of mastiff, either nerf its total damage, or even the 1st shot to an enemy only (but I think this is hard to implement, definitely lots of bugs will occur).
Message 201 of 298 (300 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

@Xx__Miku831__xX True. I can't imagine a Mastiff without its high damage potential at close range but nobody likes losing a fight they never stood a chance in. Reducing its rate of fire would badly hurt it's raged fighting potential and punish Mastiff users more for missing shots but it's not enough to keep the community happy.

The only thing I can think of is trying the same thing they tried with the Sentinel. Give the Mastiff insane damage against armored opponents (110 or 130 max I don't care) but 70-80 max damage against flesh? Personally hate this idea but it weakens the weapons potential on the drop. Reducing the ammo capacity to 3 or 4 shots might also make it more punishing when it misses while the fact that it can fire after reloading one shell will keep it viable.

@Oyasumlpunpun Yeah... Massively off topic. There are two videos of Aim Assist in Apex that are passed around. One where the gun sticks to a target like glue even when the player doesn't do anything. Another where the gun SLIGHTLY slows down when the player physically drags it across a target. The community can't even agree which video is accurate or which system gains greater benefit from Aim Assist.

If you're talking about the glue-like Aim Assist then its incredibly OP and should be removed. Everything else above just seems like you're attacking players based on the wild assumptions you're making. Mainly me just because I disagree with you. I think I disagree with you? I'm not even sure what your point originally was since we're so off topic.

Message 202 of 298 (224 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

@Xx__Miku831__xX Typed out a long reply that didn't go through for some reason. People dislike losing to anything with no chance of fighting back but it's hard to keep a high damage weapon in the game without creating that situation. The few Ideas I have aren't well thought out enough to bother posting them again.

I hoped that removing the bolt from the equation (like @MartimRosat  mentioned earlier) would be a significant nerf to its ranged potential and a decent loss to its up close dominance. You're probably right about that not being enough though.

@Oyasumlpunpun You're straight up arguing about Aim Assist to invalidate my argument. I'm not even sure what you think is problematic about the Mastiff since you give little focus towards the topic. 

Can't believe I'm typing this a second time. There are two different versions of Aim Assist being passed around on video. #1 where the gun tracks players on their own. #2 Where the gun slows down slightly when dragged across a target. Most people would agree that #1 is unbalanced but the typical console players experience is #2.

I don't believe M/KB players should be mixed with controller players at all. Both sides feel they'll be at an unfair disadvantage but that has nothing to do with the Mastiff.

Message 203 of 298 (275 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@Zamaha400
Aim Assist is 100% also a Topic for a OP Gun.
If you have help with Aim, you have a higher Hit rate.

For sure Console have this function:
"#1 where the gun tracks players on their own"
I tested it with PS4, i just press L2 and my gun sight jump fast closer to the enemy.

Just like I tell before here:
https://answers.ea.com/t5/General-Feedback/Please-Let-Us-Disable-Cross-Play/m-p/9948225#M70335

I don't care if Controller Player fight on there own with Aim Assist... pure Controller Aim is just never that good like Mouse, but why put that now together?

Aim Assist is also a bot... and even the best Mouse Player on this World, will never win against a Bot, at least in most situations.
A Bot just dont care about flashing lights, loud sounds & bad view.

@Oyasumlpunpun
That's what I'm fighting for since Season 3 ... I felt Aim Assist since then, even with mouse. PC need a own Lobby with no Assist's, i already Think about a HC Mode... 😁

Message 204 of 298 (272 Views)

★★ Pro

Again listen to the grandmaster itself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LGfJVZDa2fI

He is talking about R99 and why is dog...... by his view and by the Mastiff.

They even name it Mastiff Legends long ago, because its super OP.

No more talk is needed on the topic.
Mastiff is OP/Broken from the beginning.

Message 205 of 298 (245 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I kind a agree with you about this!

Message 206 of 298 (238 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@Tom0ve The issue with your argument is that there are players that mostly play on PS4 and have never seen what you're talking about. I just tested it out on firing range with my little cousin and my gun didn't automatically snap onto him. You're even using a modded PS4 or you're straight up lying.

Maybe I didn't start the ADS close enough for my super Aim Bot to work? Maybe it needs special sights? Maybe you have a different definition of snapping onto a target than I do? I dunno but my many games of experience tells me this is a lie.

@Tom0ve @Oyasumlpunpun @ We've all seen the two types of videos showing Aim Assist at work in Apex. Video #1 Aim Assist glues the gun to a target with no effort from the player. Video #2 Aim Assist does nothing until the player moves it across a target and only slightly slows down their ai

Video #1 is basically a cheat while video #2 is kind of meh. If you don't want either type mixing with M/KB then I'm with you. Console players don't seem to want to deal with the laser like Aim PC can have at range. I don't even want to mix with PC controller players if their Aim Assist is that strong.

However don't tell me the PS4 can do things that the Majority have never seen without mods.

Message 207 of 298 (331 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

@Zamaha400 
It is on topic but like every single argument you try to come up with, you just nitpick and try to throw out the rest of everyones argument. What was it that you said when you first replied to me? Changing someones arguments or something? Well yeah, thats all you've been trying to do. I've stated why its on topic in my message and since you clearly didnt read it, maybe you should reread it to actually be able to argue with what i said. Lastly, you defending aim assist is pathetic, just stop. 

Message 208 of 298 (336 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

@Tom0ve 
I would like console players to be allowed in PC lobbies but i would want them to not have auto aim at all, if they want into our servers, they should have to put past their literal cheats to do so.
People think its super hard to aim with a controller but it really isnt, its just a bullfaced lie that bad players tell themselves while using a cheat to play the game for them. 

Honestly i wouldnt argue with @Zamaha400 anymore simply for the fact that he's lying and making things up to try and win his case, he did so when he claimed he "didnt see any mastiffs in his lobby" and he's doing so now with the aim assist. I cant express how much more how the mastiff and aim assist are connected but he'll toss it to the side like every argument he doesnt like. 

The aim assist slows down your aim and tracks players, using a mastiff while jumping around in someones face like that gives the advantage to the person literally cheating with in game aimbot. 

Message 209 of 298 (335 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

Just look at that clip i made from today Shiv stream. He wiped so many squads where they were shooting with guns.

He pushes this guy, and in just 2 shots game over. Thats it end of the story.

And the most pathetic thing is, it doesnt require any skill to do so.

ShivFPS is probably 50 millions level above him.

https://clips.twitch.tv/NiceBlazingSaladWOOP

And ofc everyone on the chat was hating Mastiff after that. I mean to do 15 kills(something he does every third-forth game) and to get tapped for 181 with 2 Mastiff shot is a joke.

You pretty much got no alternative. Let it do that damage, but lower the range/radius/spread of this thing. You pretty much are prone to taking this shots, you just can`t dodge them.

ShivFPS just doesn`t do anything wrong. He was changing direction very fast, he jump to one side and still get clipped and then right before the guy shot, he changed again(as you should do), and get another clip and dies.

This clip pretty much destroys the argument of people saying you can one tap faster someone with R99, Volt or whatever. You first got to have super GOD aim in most cases to do that, and still he can kill you before that, even if he has trash aim and is 100 level below you in terms of skill. This is definition of broken.

This also destroys the argument of people saying to fight at range against Mastiff. I mean good luck, you don`t know what is his secondary, as well as there is no way to do this all the time + you can`t escape Mastiff if you see he got one. Try to run and will die. Maybe not in 2, but in 3 shots.

Yesterday have probably like 5 games where i died to Mastiff in a situation where i down or 1 or 2 of his teammates and i`m on like half hp, the guys barely touches me with their primary bullet weapons, and i clip them for around 150-180, and the moment i switch to my secondary to finish, he swap and 1 tap me with the Mastiff. This is probably the thing that happen so often in my games, as i use AR and SMG as secondary. You just can`t out do this. He will always swap faster and tap you with the mastiff first, unless you have Mastiff and then its lottery.

Message 210 of 298 (324 Views)