Re: REMOVE MASTIFF ! OMG !

by Zamaha400

Original Post

★★★ Guide
@Ff3NiXx its not that easy of a gun I've used it before point blank and still got knocked and died and am a pro on this game
Message 71 of 298 (640 Views)

★ Guide
@Sir_Named Probably be 20m. 20 feet is just too short for mastiff that you are hard to miss a shot even without aim.
For 20m range, mastiff can land 50+ damage if you aim well. So if you can shorten the distance with your opponent or using hit-and-run (actually hide?), you can still have a good chance to win.
Message 72 of 298 (604 Views)

★★ Expert
@Xx__Miku831__xX If you aim well, you can hit 50 damage.
If you don’t, you’ll get like 20 or 10.

But 50 damage at that range, with that rate of fire, is pretty bad compared to what other weapons could do.
Message 73 of 298 (568 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

@Xx__Miku831__xX True you can't win a fight against a Mastiff in that situation and I'm fine with it. Unlike AOD I view shotguns as a primary weapon so they need to be competitive in some way.

Basically there are three ranges of combat to consider. Long-range, mid-range and close-range. You can balance guns by making them all equally capable at fighting at every range (a boring method of balancing to me) or give guns a combination of weaknesses + strengths to put them on par with each other.

SMG's should excel at close-range, be competitive mid-range and suck long-range

Full auto assault rifles should be competitive at every range but dominant at none of them.

Snipers should dominate long-range and suck at close range,

Shotguns should dominate close-range, weak at mid-range and useless at long range.

That's typically how shooters work at least. The weaker you are at the other ranges the more you should compensate by dominating at the one thing you offer. If a gun is exceptionally versatile then it shouldn't be the most dominate gun at any individual range.

If you view shotguns as a primary weapon then it needs to compete with other guns at two of the three ranges or dominate at one exclusively. If you view it as nothing but a clean-up gun then we'll never agree but I understand your viewpoint. If you view the Mastiff as a primary weapon but want to equalize its strength with other weapons at close range then there's no point picking up the gun at all.

Not touching a gun that's equal to a R301/R-99 at close range and inferior everywhere else.

Message 74 of 298 (537 Views)

★★ Novice

Hey, I think respawn need to remove something else so u won't die: skill.

Message 75 of 298 (491 Views)

★★ Guide

The massive does too much damage at close range as it uses incendiary rounds it should have reduced damage at close range as the incendiary rounds have not yet ignited as they're ignited by air friction which should also give it better mid-range damage once the incendiary rounds are ignited

Message 76 of 298 (405 Views)

[ Edited ]

Mastiff is so easy to use. I rack up kills consistently with that weapon. Well timed shot decides the battle. Even a half missed shot can hinder the enemy enough. Early game, you can easily wipe a 3-man squad with 3 shots.

fun! For me. Fun for me I mean. Please don't nerf it, I want my cheesy kills. ^^

Message 77 of 298 (380 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

@Peri_Longbow_plz Yeah the Mastiff can be brutally unfair early game good point.

A half missed shot is worthless though. If a shotgun user hits you with a low damage shot at close range you should push hard. That's always worked for me at least.

I'm not sure why people consider the measly 13-52 damage from a missed/low damage shot to matter.

Message 78 of 298 (617 Views)

@Zamaha400 Every bit of damage matters. I would assume you don't hit 100%, otherwise you'd be champion of the arena 24/7. My accuracy is about 25%. If I had to put a number out. But even if just 1/4 bullets hit, it's still damage.
Message 79 of 298 (583 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@Peri_Longbow_plz Mastiff kills in 2-3 hits. Graze your enemy twice in a fight and it still takes 2-3 more hits to kill.

A little bit of damage helps if you plan on switching to another gun but it doesn't shorten the TTK for the Mastiff.

Message 80 of 298 (563 Views)