Re: REMOVE MASTIFF ! OMG !

by xx_Dante2k_xx

Original Post

[ Edited ]

@Ff3NiXxThe R99 is by far the most used gun by a long way.
I just think that the users of that weapon hate it when any gun can compete with it or is better than it. All the game is now is a spray fest with the same darn weapon. 

Others have given their opinion on the Mastif as well as me and I cant be bothered to go onto depth again.
I've given up on the game because its the same crap every single game.

Message 51 of 298 (732 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

Just a single reason for why i love Mastiff so much. if you are in a building + the server lag, its game over for you,even if you twice as better player.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/681265375

2 hour, 14 minutes, 15 seconds. :D
How to not love Apex ? :D

There was a earlier match(i think in this stream or was the one from today) where Shiv was at the same place outside and was trying to fight a guy with Mastiff, who was far, like a floor or 2 above of the same building. Shiv was with R301, and the other guy with the Mastiff, guess who won the fight. Tho it was a distances fight. :D

Tho Shiv manage to escape, but was death low.

Message 52 of 298 (698 Views)

★★ Expert
@LordloshBang If it’s as op as you say, how come shiv doesn’t swap out his EVA for the Mastiff at 26 min 50 sec?
Message 53 of 298 (675 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@LordloshBang Shiv was shot from one floor above and it was clearly close range. That's the range where you'd expect the Mastiff to dominate.

Message 54 of 298 (647 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

@Sir_Named wrote:
@LordloshBangIf it’s as op as you say, how come shiv doesn’t swap out his EVA for the Mastiff at 26 min 50 sec?

Ask him about that. Maybe doesn`t want to change, what was working in this game? Maybe wanted to play a bit differently? Maybe didn`t even think about it.

But 99,99% of the time people are picking Mastiff over Eva8, if you don`t know this, you either blind, biased or not watch any top players at all or even play the game at all.

People even prefer Mastiff over Gold Eva8.

A good example would be Mastiff and Eva8 lying on the ground and Shiv decide to pick the Eva8.

If you watch ShivFPS you wouldn`t even talk about this. He always preferred and plays Mastiff.

The only pro i know that play Eva8 is Rogue. And kinda lately he even dropped his Eva8 for the Mastiff. But he ain`t doing it all the time. If he get to late game with Eva8, he will stay with it. 
He just like the weapon and play R301 and Eva8. 

I usually play R99 and R301. But if i start with Flatline/Wingman/Prowler i will stay with heavy weapon and won`t switch, even if i find a fully kitted R99 or 301.

heme725 i don`t know if you talk about the same thing i`m talking about, but no shotgun should dominate from such a distance.

Shotgun should be strong from close to 15 meter distances, and then their power should deminish. But their main power should be 1-10, and the start to get down more and more.

My opinion.

Even most pro admit it, if you want to kill a higher skilled player, just get a Mastiff.

Message 55 of 298 (631 Views)

★★ Expert
@LordloshBang I don’t normally watch Shiv, I just watched that stream because I was looking for stuff to use as a rebuttal.
I seem to recall that in a previous tournament, a lot of people weren’t using the Mastiff. The Wingman and R-99 were much more common. And there were quite a few people using the EVA-8.
Message 56 of 298 (608 Views)

★★ Pro

But tell me which prefer Eva8 over the Mastiff from the top players? 

I know one and even he admit that Mastiff is stronger and lately is pickint it over Eva8, which is his favorite weapon(with r301), which speaks for itself.

You picked 1 moment where Shiv started with Eva8 and decided to not drop it, from a 10 hour video, where he used Mastiff pretty much most of his games.

But yet you are using this Eva8 as a argument, i call this BIAS, and this is a light word.

Same with the 1 tournament you mention, where loot is something that you don`t choose most of the time, because you can move and loot freely.

Yet all the pros players are prefering Mastiff, Alb, Hal, Rep, Shiv, stooj, Knoqd, Madness, Pow, and so on.

For Pro players, top pick atm is Mastiff/R99/Wingman.

And the only weapon you actually got a chance to beat someone who is way better at you is the mastiff. Being able to kill a guy with Evo armor with 1 shot, should not be something you should do with a normal weapon, except for some headshots with snipers and Kraber.

Mastiff damage is way over the top PK was also too OP.

A lot of streamers have said this.

Message 57 of 298 (591 Views)

@LordloshBang * wasn't even looking at the guy on the second floor who was only about 5 meters away, then he got downed by wraith who was point blank, again * wasn't looking and got shot in the back.
The Eva is a good shotgun and has the option of DT and then becomes a better Mastiff than the mastif, higher damage or faster fire rate option. Where as the Mastiff is only good at close range, anywhere out of close range any auto weapon will out dps it.
Just like Sir_named and other have said. You are just too stuck in your ways to see any different and its becoming like a broken record. That video just proved that he got beat by a shotgon when not looking at the enemy fairly close and close range.

I hope they nerf the Mastiff, R99, Wingman and any other top tier weapon, change up the meta. If they nerf the Mastiff then cry babies will ask the Eva with double tap to be removed.
Message 58 of 298 (557 Views)

★★ Expert
@LordloshBang The EVA can (kind of) one shot if you hit the double tap.

Pk was pretty strong, that’s why they swapped it with the Mastiff, and as such, the Mastiff is weaker than the old PK.
Message 59 of 298 (528 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

I`m not sure if Mastiff is weaker than the old PK. The shots are way easier to land with the mastiff, than with the PK.

Also PK has 5 bullets, compare to 6, and needs to fully reload, unlike Mastiff.

xx_Dante2k_xx, you obviously don`t know what 5 meter is.

Eva8 was always a second fiddle, every one who didn`t admit this, either don`t know what he is talking about, and obviously don`t know the game or is just bias and try to prove a wrong point.

Most good players that lets said find an Eva8 and decide to use(either whole game or till find something better), don`t even think of use the DT. Its very situational.

Like most good players don`t use it on G7 scout. On paper its solid, but in reality its meh.

Same with old R301 and Flatline single fire attachment.

The DT specifically will get you killed if you miss a shot. Its lower the fire rate by a lot, and unless you are super close you won`t get the shots at target, if he know what he is doing.

Anywhere this is going nowhere.

I get your point million time that your fine with it. I making my point long ago.

The video for sole different reason, but i guess you are subscribed to all of my opinion and just need to write something on every single post i made. :D

I got no problem with it, knowing the age of most PPL in here. :D

Message 60 of 298 (506 Views)