Re: REMOVE MASTIFF ! OMG !

by CrashA320

Original Post

★★★★★ Apprentice

Peoblem is that devs don't give a sht about it... They nerfed the prowler and the hemlok in a blink of an eye, because some babies cried over it. Now half of the players are shouting to nerf the cancer mastiff and nothing is happening. I keep reporting mastiff noobs as cheaters. THAT GUN NEEDS TO BE SERIOUSLY NERFED OR REMOVED. How much more threads need to be written about it to the ignorant devs do something? Some dev-*-kisser should bring these threads up to their attention... If devs can even read..

Message 261 of 298 (367 Views)

★★★ Guide
@CrashA320 wtf, why are you reporting people as cheaters cause they use a gun that is available for everyone.

That's called arrogance. Do you also blame your teacher for a bad mark, or the morning sun, cause daylight weakes you up, but you wanna sleep longer...any further suggestions...I can do this whole day long.

I have over 2500h ingame, and I get killed by mastif guys, but i don't blame them, and I also killed some guys with it. And to be fair, it happens from time to time, and not every match man. It's not my weapon of choice, don't like shootguns cause of the slow firing, but if I dont have anything else I try my best to kill you with it.
Just to be reported afterwards by such people (I would like to use another word if you understand) like you!?

Stop whining and start winning. Enjoy the game, or leave it. It's that simple. I dont get it how people just can'T accept something as it is.

Wish the good old days back, where there were no update possibilities for changes every month or two, where you had to accept it or leave it.

I am just asking my self if those kind of people also whine about everything in reallife. Must be annoying near you. Or nobody takes you serious, cause all I hear is "mi mi mi mi mi" like 2 year olds.
Message 262 of 298 (340 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@II-LAZZARUS-II, being available does not mean that it is okay. It's not about the players, it's about sending the obvious message to devs that YOUR GAME HAS AN ISSUE, DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT!

Clearly this BS forum is not the forum that the devs read despite the name called FEEDBACK. If you read this thread or other threads, not I am the only one who has this problem. Just a side note that other weapons such as the prowler or hemlok got nerfed for far less. 

Accepting whatever devs do is like a droid in a factory. Doing what we told and shut up. 

Going back to your example... When the whole class gets bad grades because the teacher can't teach or just in the mood for some messing with the students, that's something that needs to be stopped, not just deal with it. Remember, it's a game, it's about enjoying the time spent with it, but when the map is spammed with this cancer mastiff and 2 games out of 3 ends with getting mastiffed, and not even having the chance to fight back, 'cause some noobs thirdparty you and your noob random squadmates go la-la to the other side of the goddamn map, and you barely able to win a 3v1, then some noob hits you in the face with this noob gun, that is an issue.

Yes I know, gEtGuD, but half of the people who say that I'm a bad player well, I can imagine their kdr... BTW I welcome any of them in any game, to watch their pro skills...

Yes, I have more than 2.5k hour in the game as well. I remember the decision where they removed one bar from the shields to shorten TTK. Then they reverted it, admitting they made a mistake. Well guess what, this cancer gun has pretty fast ttk, and it's still here. They push their will on us, players, because they are biased. And I don't like it, when they mess up such a good game.

Once again I write it, because I am patient...

This cancer gun is too easy to play with. WHY, you ask? Well it has a narrow horizontal spread, and for the damage amount, very fast reload time, even without an attachment. Since most of the times people play in the horizontal field, so tracking needs to be done pretty much left to right, this gun needs less tracking while delivering a high amount of damage. 

This is called UNBALANCED aspect of the game. PK was more balanced. Why? It has a cone of fire instead of a wide line, so still requires more precise shots, not just get within 30-45 degrees, and click.

You can call it whining, I call it being aware of the game aspects and not accepting everything they stomp down in our throat. We are a community, we should tell devs if something wrong, but we have no voice, only top streamers have, who are a very small minority of this community. Call me anything you want, but then I call you a droid, you shouldn't be upset with anything in life, just accept that you got robbed, because they can, and no one there to stop them. Hope it gets trough...

Message 263 of 298 (328 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

@CrashA320It's a free game first of all...look, I understand you, but I just can't agree with all of it, cause I didn't get killed as often with a mastiff. I get more killed by a PK in the days before it was moved to drops then I get today by a mastiff.
I just speak in generell about all of this complaints about guns. Never in my life I did complain about weapons in a game. I hate bunny hopping in every FPS, thats the only thing. But nevertheless, I am not making one thread after another here cause of that.
I've learned to deal with it. Thats all, try to adopt, and just accept that this can happen. You can't win every 1vs3, and be upset if the 4th guy knocks you out with what ever gun he had used.
It's good enough that yo've managed to kill 3 other people, before get killed by the 4th one. How often did that happen in Apex. For me, not that often. Yes, it's annoying but thats the core of the game. The other two of you teammates are not for joy, they have a purpose, and fighting alone is always risky, no matter which weapons your opponents use.

Message 264 of 298 (322 Views)

★ Novice

I said all this when it was everyone had a PK, and now its same but Mastiffs. What shows how easy they are to use is the power of a mozambique with a hammer point in is unreal up close but you have to hit your shots so not many people use them. The mastiff requires 0 skill, if you miss plenty more where that came from and if you do miss its because you are laughing so much that you got third partied at 1hp and you killed all 3 without even a reload.

Message 265 of 298 (502 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@Ff3NiXx Its not about distance actually , mastiff takes u from 20 meeters away too with hip fire ,and also the damage is strange . It just goes so random like you would be playing DND , roll the dice to get dmg from 15 - 135 ( max i seen) and defenetly u should not shoot the head cause head shots are actually lover damage then into the body. Also if they wont nerf the mastif then they totally should add more damage to the snipers. Cause wtf horizon wraith and octane mains just rush into you with mastiff or caustic gibby players just camp somewhere till u close and then random blast u down with out aiming.. so would be real to give i dont know sentinel 100dmg and with booster in about 150 to body ? would totally balance out the mastiff problems ..
One problem i have with mastiff is its a casualy shotgun u dont need any upgrades to make it shoot better ( can only make shoot faster ) while with everything else u totally need items to have damage to burn ur enemy out. Also his brother peacekeeper which acutally charges ur bullets into one spot deals max 95 damages is kind of ridiculus. force the mastiff maybe to carepackage back would make some sense? Cause it literraly is white weapon that out damages every max upgraded weapon in the game , also there is no such thing as recoil for shotguns so basically could call it close range sniper bazooka ??
Those are my reasons why i side with this guys idea. Before u could play normally that enemy had shotgun u took more damage so u hold ur distance but with this as it is mastiff there is no hope for you even from far. If you dont believe me take octane give him mastiff and take someone else no matter whom and give him sniper + wingman? he literally has no chance, cause sniper bullet is slowest in game also wingman gives him a chance if he can pull tripple head WITH aiming while octane is rushing with Q and jumping around hipfireing mastiff.
Message 266 of 298 (500 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@CrashA320 Comments like these are why I can't take the Mastiff vs PK debate seriously. The Mastiff does have an insane fire rate (with the purple bolt) and that does make it easy to just spam without aiming. The wide spread of the gun is more of a negative than a positive and typically doesn't land you more high damage shots. Just like the PK your target has to be relatively centered in front of your gun to land those high damage shots.

So unless your target chooses to walk into the center of your shots you do actually have to aim. I'm not saying shotguns take much skill but you're not landing high damage shots if your target isn't near the middle of your crosshairs.

@RandomMees This is why I want to see how the PK does in firing range without being a care package weapon. Memory tells me that a PK shot could hit for 110 damage max without the choke. Fully choked it could blast through purple armor and a bit of health so at least 130-150 damage. The Mastiff was doing 165 damage when it was a care packaged gun. Memory can't be trusted so I really wish I could be sure of those values.

Message 267 of 298 (472 Views)

★ Novice
@Shockwave743 LMAOOOOOOOOOOO
Message 268 of 298 (459 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Made a short video about this cancer gun's "range disadvantage"...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uGAvITyts00

Everyone should draw the conclusion...

Message 269 of 298 (418 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

And another one comparing to 2 snipers...

Why do we even have other weapons? 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVRyPjbrJxk

Message 270 of 298 (415 Views)