R301 vs flatline

by SinShadow9

Original Post

R301 vs flatline

★★ Apprentice

Hi guys, looking for math/advice on what is the better all rounder out of the 2? I’m having great success with both weapons but surely in S5 there has to be the “better” option? I switch from time to time between the two, but find myself using a flatline more often. Sometimes I’ll lose a fight up close and I’m wondering (besides my enemy having a superior weapon) If the r301 pulls shed due to its fire rate? 

Thoughts/views would be appreciated.

Message 1 of 7 (2,942 Views)

Re: R301 vs flatline

★★ Pro

Just use what you like more and with what you feel more comfy. If you are good it doesn`t really matter.

This whole thing, a which one is better is for 12 years old, to get fancy ....

Both have their pros/*. 

Flatline is doing higher damage and a bit more mag, but it has lower firerate, and a bit harder recoil to control.

Message 2 of 7 (2,928 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Other upside of the 301 is ammo availability....easier to find light than it is heavy, especially when raiding death boxes...

Message 3 of 7 (2,877 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Ah I like em both to be honest. R301 I use for more mid/range engagements maybe? Flatline for more spray & pray maybe? I like the single fire option for both... Those are just my opinions.

I think the game mentions the Flatline "packs a punch" and seems a bit more damaging, but loses the option for a barrel stabilizer.

Message 4 of 7 (2,832 Views)

@SinShadow9 wrote:

Hi guys, looking for math/advice on what is the better all rounder out of the 2? I’m having great success with both weapons but surely in S5 there has to be the “better” option? I switch from time to time between the two, but find myself using a flatline more often. Sometimes I’ll lose a fight up close and I’m wondering (besides my enemy having a superior weapon) If the r301 pulls shed due to its fire rate? 

Thoughts/views would be appreciated.

Personally, I like the flat line over the r301. Both great guns, but the flat line has been a go to heavy weapon for me since I started playing. And as far as the r301 goes, it's really useful in single fire for me, but at that point I might as well just grab a G7, since they both use the same ammo.

So, for me it's I would pick up a Flatline over a R301, but, if I can't get my hands on a G7 to go with it, it's nice to have the R301 instead , and I just use it in single fire mode.

Message 5 of 7 (2,816 Views)

[ Edited ]

@DrenMadre wrote:

Other upside of the 301 is ammo availability....easier to find light than it is heavy, especially when raiding death boxes...

I can't really say that I've had trouble finding heavy ammo, overall. I find it almost as much as light ammo.

Energy ammo on the other hand, that stuff is usually pretty difficult to find. Though, I did have a match yesterday where it felt like they were just showering you with it. Weird how that works out sometimes. Haha. 

Message 6 of 7 (2,815 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Depends on range really. Both are very good even without sights. 

if I just landed next to somebody and I had to choose? Flatline. Anything beyond is situation imo.

Message 7 of 7 (2,658 Views)