Re: R-99, Wingman, Peacekeeper need nerfs. Same since S1.

by decimation92

Original Post

★★ Guide

The weapon balance is the best it's ever been in the game. Too many people just don't know what they're talking about. All opinions that are clearly fueled by Salt, should be disregarded. That's my suggestion to respawn Devs

Message 11 of 30 (451 Views)

@Sir_Named Prowler needs hop up, the L star has terrible muzzle flash and your movement with it is slow as it's an LMG.
Message 12 of 30 (443 Views)

★★ Guide
@xx_Dante2k_xx and both guns still completely compete with the r99 in nearly every situation lol. Prowler in burst has a higher DPS than in full auto, & select fire isn't hard to find. While the L-star is simply a beast that will out DPS the R99 every time head to head (unless you're blind / can't aim). All of these guns are viable & compete with each other

Message 13 of 30 (439 Views)

[ Edited ]

@decimation92I didnt say they they wont compete, I said that one needs a hop up, or by using it with the more inconsistent burst ttk and the other suffers from a movement speed disadvantage and muzzle flash.

Message 14 of 30 (429 Views)

★★ Guide
@xx_Dante2k_xx. Fair enough. To be fair I thought you were OP at first. But at the same time, I guess I don't necessarily see those things as disadvantages, but instead as balancing factors. L-star would be broken with SMG strafe speed. It's suppose to be used a bit differently from an R9. & the muzz flash personally doesn't bother me much but I do think it helps keep the gun in check.... Prowler on the other hand, I would actually be at peace if they removed Select fire from the game entirely, & simply let the Prowler go full auto from the start. With an option for Burst. It doesn't outclass it's competition by that much....so I actually agree, the hop up could go. Those of us who enjoy the burst could still whip it out whenever....That would work.

Beyond that, I'd prefer a new gun come into play to shake up the meta, over buffing or nerfing any of the guns from their current state
Message 15 of 30 (400 Views)

@decimation92 Buff the Alternator or bring in the Volt or CAR from TF2.
Message 16 of 30 (398 Views)

★★ Guide
@xx_Dante2k_xx That's what I'm anticipating. I expect one of those guns to eventually be introduced, be good, & provide a greater sense of variety. Potentially with the next season

I also think it'd be cool if there were Alternators w/ Disruptor rounds as GOLD floor loot. Like why not? Just keep it rare....I wish they'd be a little more creative with the gold floor loot. Alternator w/ disruptors, R301 w/ digital threat, Havoc should absolutely have a turbocharger, & ect .... I think the gold loot is another means of shifting the meta slightly, or stunting the "reign" so to speak, of powerful guns that become overused....

But Respawn hasn't exactly used gold floor loot in that manner yet IMO
Message 17 of 30 (379 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Not on Xbox they don't! Console and pc nerfs should be separate because we actually have to deal with recoil. Peacekeeper damage numbers are super inconsistent on console and Wingman takes skill or luck to use. R-99 is powerful, but not op because you have to aim on console; I'm sorry that pc players can hip fire all day long, but that's not my problem. 

Message 18 of 30 (297 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I'm with you regarding r99 90% of players use only r99. The other gun that should be nerfed is the g7 scout its insanely op. 

Message 19 of 30 (285 Views)

★★ Expert
@spongebob1888 Eh, the g7 isn’t really op. I think it actually has a similar dps to other assault rifles, so it’s not really op. It’s pretty balanced where it is right now.
Message 20 of 30 (260 Views)