QoL: have the '1' and '2' key swap weapons instead of choosing the weapon slot

by MoltenBlade1

Original Post

QoL: have the '1' and '2' key swap weapons instead of choosing the weapon slot

★★★★★ Novice

I've been screwed over multiple times by the game this way. I shoot an enemy multiple times, but he evades me enough to not kill him with one clip. Now I have 2 options: Reload or Swap. Swapping weapons is way faster so I choose that option. However when hitting the '1' key my weapon doesn't swap and I'm stuck aiming an empty weapon at my enemy who is now aware of my presence. Turns out, the empty weapon in my hands is bound to key '1' . This has cost me multiple matches, definitely in the end game when I switch out a regular gun for the Mastiff or Kraber.

I know there is already a cycle weapon function in the game, normally bound to the scroll-wheel in both directions, but I think it would be better if the '1'and '2' key had the same functionality. I tried switching them out, but then my scrollwheel didn't cycle my weapons anymore, since there's only 2 binds per action.

Shouldn't this at least be a toggle function in the options or some extra bind slots? There is no point in trying to switch to a weapon which is already in your hand, so why make it that way?

Message 1 of 4 (288 Views)

Re: QoL: have the '1' and '2' key swap weapons instead of choosing the weapon sl

Community Manager

Are you saying when you go to switch to your other weapon it doesn't register at all? If so, that fixed it for another player in this post: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Weapon-switching-not-functioning/m-p/7786715#M9526

Do you want it where 1 & 2 both function the same way but if you tap either one more than once it will still switch to the other weapon? This way you don't have to worry too much about what key is assigned to what weapon?

Blueberry.png
Message 2 of 4 (273 Views)

Re: QoL: have the '1' and '2' key swap weapons instead of choosing the weapon sl

★★★★★ Novice

It's not really a bug. The controls state the following in regards to weapon switching:

wapenswitchen.PNG

meaning that, IF you're holding weapon 1, you have to consciously hit 2 to switch and IF you're holding weapon 2 you have to consciously hit 1 to switch. When deep into a game, you might have grabbed better weapons along the way and you might lose track of which weapon you are holding in your hand at that moment. If you were able to hold more weapons my suggestion wouldn't be useful, but since it's only 2 weapons having the Cycle Weapon function also be bound to 1 and 2 would be better.

Message 3 of 4 (261 Views)

Community Manager

@MoltenBlade1 wrote:

When deep into a game, you might have grabbed better weapons along the way and you might lose track of which weapon you are holding in your hand at that moment.

Yep! That's happened to me as well. Appreciate the feedback on this and thanks for getting back.

Good luck in the ring!

Blueberry.png
Message 4 of 4 (257 Views)