Re: Punching

by reconzero

Original Post

Punching

★ Guide

Punching in fps is one of the dumbest most unbalanced things, it gives bad players an out and is very frustrating and jarring. When you land it takes 5 punches to down someone. imagine if the r99 took five bullets, that would be ridiculous. I think punching should be removed from all fps games but I don't think others feel the same. In this game I still think it would be good in certain situations even if it did 0 damage. I can't describe what happens but being punched in this game messes with my vision irl and I think that's more than enough but the fact it does 30 damage is insane to me. I think making it do 5 or 0 damage would be a reasonable nerf. I mean this company is all about sjw stuff and feelings right? Being punched out is the most demeaning thing, something should be done about it, it's really a human rights issue at this point. I hope my frustrations make any sense. Just remove it so we can all be happy

Message 1 of 8 (639 Views)

[ Edited ]

@1unown1 wrote:

Being punched out is the most demeaning thing, something should be done about it, it's really a human rights issue at this point. I hope my frustrations make any sense. Just remove it so we can all be happy

What????

The punching mechanic is fine, and is not a human rights issue, after all it is just a game. 

The needs of the many,
outweigh the needs of the few or one. --Spock--

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Please note: I am a community volunteer – I do not work for EA.
Me Too – If you also have this problem – first post on thread has this button.
XP – For helpful comments (and to help others 'level up').
Mark As Solution – To help others find the answer to the issue now & in the future.
Message 2 of 8 (609 Views)

★★ Pro
@1unown1 I cant count on all the hands in my neighbor hood alone how many times I have been knocked and down by someone with a R99 in 5 shots!!!
This is a daily thing LMAO
Message 3 of 8 (580 Views)

★★★ Expert
@1unown1

I don't really care about the issue in practical terms because I would never let an enemy get close enough to me for this to happen. But in principle I completely agree. Melee in this game manages to be both stupidly over-powered AND irrelevant. They should remove it if only to unclutter the control scheme.
Message 4 of 8 (548 Views)

★ Guide
@reconzero The lung is like 5 meters you never get 5 meters from an opponent?
Message 5 of 8 (494 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@NickBeam27A head shot with an r9 is like 13 or 15 maybe do the math my guy. I'm talking full health, that's 150 at the lowest 

Message 6 of 8 (493 Views)

★ Guide
@Asmodeus566 I think it's more of a human rights issue than most things people think are rights issues these days. I thought it was clear I was exaggerating a bit towards the end. But it's honestly worse getting punched in the game than in real life. My main point was I have some wrong with my vision and I can do nothing when I start getting punched in game because it's so jarring. I can't be the only one. When two or three bots land on you and punch you out it's infuriating and there is no counter play. I really don't think it needs to be in a shooter game or atleast it shouldn't do damage. At the very least it shouldn't literally lock on and lunge people across a building. It makes it so you can't even run away
Message 7 of 8 (486 Views)

★★★ Expert
@1unown1

Not unless there are only two squads left and the circle is too small for me to maintain a mid-range distance. CQC in this game, or any other for that matter, sucks.
Message 8 of 8 (459 Views)