Re: Pull out the weapon un-cocked or pulling out the fists instead bug

by MekaDeth555

Original Post

Pull out the weapon un-cocked or pulling out the fists instead bug

★★ Guide

Several times it happened to get in the situation where i have to quickly pull out the weapon to respond to the immediate threat in front of me, but in exchange, i'm greeted by some weird bug where it either pulls the fists out, it does nothing or it pulls out the weapon uncocked, wasting crucial time, situations where i found myself dead most of the time. Last time i was heading in the zone after a long firefight and had to heal as soon as i got to safety, but someone else was ahead, healed a bit but right as i was about to fight him as he was rushing me, nothing happened at  the first spam of the use last weapon button, and when it finally pulled out my peacekeeper  it was uncocked even though it was ready to fire before.

Message 1 of 9 (2,619 Views)

★★ Guide

It's still happening, i found out that swapping weapon slots, 1 with 2 sometimes will make your alternate weapon bug out like that. DISASTROUS during close-up combat.

Message 2 of 9 (2,448 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Guide

Happens to me to and a friend I play with. Been killed so many times because of it.

Message 3 of 9 (2,428 Views)

★★ Guide

It's still happening, any word on fixing this or is it just something irrelevant in your eyes? It's a gamebreaking bug honestly, it simply kills you if you're playing aggressively and have to push someone whom you left low knowing that 1 shotting from your secondary weapon will kill him, but instead you're greeted by the bug, killing you since you dont have the time to recock the gun.

Message 4 of 9 (2,368 Views)

Happens to me every other game. Drives me nuts. Another thing that happens to me is trying to quickly heal around a corner but I melee instead and can't pull my weapon back out.
Message 5 of 9 (2,321 Views)

Community Manager

Can you all try changing the key to put your weapons away from 3 to 4 or 5? I just jumped into the game and tried reproducing this real quick but to no avail. Switched back and forth really fast as well as spamming each key repeatedly before hitting the next one. I did notice one thing, I was accidentally pressing 3 every so often which puts your weapon away and forces you to use the fists.

Blueberry.png
Message 6 of 9 (2,303 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

We really just need the re-chamber thing completely waived when:

1. Switching weapon slots ( this is essentially a bug)

2. You've landed from a balloon or a high altitude spot half an hour earlier without swapping weapons (this obviously makes no sense)

3. When the gun you picked up but never "cocked" initially has also been on your back for half an hour (This would just be convenient)

I understand why you have to chamber your weapon on landing from great heights for balance...but this should really just be for your primary weapon, or at least only for the few seconds after landing. It most definitely should not persist for 10 minutes into the game after landing.

Message 7 of 9 (2,209 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

What is the point in switching weapon slots?

there are only 2 weapons and if it isn’t the 1st that you have out, it’s the other one

just curious if there is a reason or merely just preference

Message 8 of 9 (2,195 Views)

★★ Guide

Bug is back, good job devs once again, for doing absolutely nothing in order to improve the game, even more so you made it worse with the newest bugs.

Message 9 of 9 (2,044 Views)