Prowler (Hop-Up) Opinion/Suggestion

by Zriyvhriex

Original Post

Prowler (Hop-Up) Opinion/Suggestion

★★★ Apprentice

Ah, the Prowler. One of the most fun weapons in the game.

But, I have to say, it lacks the power that is needed in a fight.

I really like this weapon, however I've noticed that it's stats are of a slightly worse R-301.

When we think of the Prowler with a select-fire, what comes to mind?

An SMG with little to no recoil, that shoots quickly and deals a nice punch of damage, right?

Yet it's TTK is a bit worse than a R-301. So why would you take a weapon like this in your loadout?

That's my opinion about it. It's fun, but if you're playing competitively it's not exactly on par with other weapons. It's no use carrying around a Select-Fire in hopes to find a Prowler if you know that you can just find a R-301/R99 and it'll do the job better than the weapon you're literally saving a slot in your backpack for.

So, here's my suggestion: Don't buff it's damage, as it's burst-fire mode is pretty powerful already. Instead, buff it's rate of fire slightly for the full-auto mode, let's say 13.7 or 13.8 SPS maybe even 14 (Maybe 14 is too much?) -- so it's slightly superior to the R-301 -- and to counter that buff give slightly, almost not noticeable more horizontal recoil, so that prevents it to be used at long range accurately (since it has a fine, amazing low vertical recoil), and is more powerful than a R-301 at close range, and isn't more powerful than the R-99 (Since R-99 is meant to be the high recoil, high DPS of the SMGs). However, don't change how great it is to hip-fire this beast.

Well, that's all. Thanks for your time/attention, reader. :D

Message 1 of 4 (402 Views)

Re: Prowler (Hop-Up) Opinion/Suggestion

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

I don't know if it needs more damage i'm a bit confused but one reason to use Prowler is Digital threat.
I love it as a Bangalore xD
Second reason to use Prowler Auto is your movement. You can strafe faster left and right while using the Prowler.

Prowler recoil is already high if you don't have a good standard stock.
No changes needed for more recoil.

Imagine Bangalore with Prowler Auto+Digital + R99 Digital would be a God at close combat who can see through smoke and strafe like crazy.
R301 can do nothing for you in the smoke.
It's all Pros and C0ns.

Message 2 of 4 (379 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Osh#7, I completely forgot about that.

Yeah, you right. So, the Prowler is meant to be a slightly weaker 301 that sees through smoke with the right add-on, while moving faster when aiming down. Got'cha.

Message 3 of 4 (365 Views)

Champion

I think I'm the only person that prefers the burst fire with the prowler over the auto, I just tend to get more kills with it.

Perhaps a FMJ style hop up that allows the Prowler to bust open doors like the new L-Star & and shoot through enemies & team-mates?

Hey there I'm a volunteered Champion! I don't work for EA I just like to help out around the forums, keep the peace and submit ideas to the community.

Did I answer your question? Please leave some tasty XP or even mark as a solution!

Got some QOL ideas for Apex? Add them here: 

Apex Legends QOL Collection

Message 4 of 4 (332 Views)