Re: Primary to Primary weapon swap speed needs to be nerfed!!

by Leo_the_Lion25

Original Post

Primary to Primary weapon swap speed needs to be nerfed!!

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

Ok this is simple. 

I am tired of losing 1v1 because it is faster to pull a peacekeeper out your back pocket than to reload your r301.

I was using Gibby.

I just got mowed down by an Octane with a longbow and a R99. I ambushed the Octane and he shot me with a longbow as I opened up on him with a R301.

Octane is small so he was hard to hit, so I missed a quarter of my shots.

And almost instantly the guy swapped to an R99 and mowed me down before I had a chance to finish my first mag.

At first the primary to primary weapon swap speed was okay but in Solo 1v1 it is abused.

I hate getting in 1v1 against tryhard wraith that run R301s and instantly swap to a peacekeeper after their mag is empty.

It would be okay if the wraith swap to a mozambique pistol faster than I can reload but a full size peacekeeper is stupid!

Primary to Primary weapon swaps should be slower than reloads.

Primary to secondary weapon swaps should be faster than reloads.

This is the big problem this game is having with pistols.

Many people think whats the point of using an RE45 as a secondary when they can use an R99.

The weapon swap is nearly the same!

People should not be able to pull peacekeeper and R99 out their pocket faster than a reload.

Only pistols should have fast weapon swaps.

Primary to Primary weapon swaps should take a little longer than a R301 non-cocking reload.

Lighter smaller weapons should swap faster: pistols.

And a magazine is lighter than a Peacekeeper, so none cocking reloads should be faster than primary to primary weapon swaps.

None cocking reload should be the fastest.

Primary to secondary should be the 2nd fastest.

And Primary to Primary swap should 3rd fastest.

And Full recocking reload should be the slowest.

^^Open to suggestions

Message 1 of 11 (2,465 Views)

★★★ Pro

Weapon swap is fast if the got lvl 2 or 3 stocks or they had a pistol which also switches fast. If they no stock or level 1 stock. It be a slow swap. 

Message 2 of 11 (2,432 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

No such thing as a secondary in apex really. U can choose to main anything, crutch on anything, or duel wield.

Gun choice does matter, range matters apon that choice, so choose situations according to your set up and ability. Sometimes it can be hard if the loot falls in favor of competitors drop points and their rotations. Luck of the draw. 

Stocks help switching speed. Switching to a mosombigue (idk how to spell it lol)  with the new hop up lightning fast after an r301 would have spelled disaster and been end game just as the peace keeper was. Soo that pistol theory wouldnt have made a difference because most of the guns can be balanced fairly well, attachments are what the game is about and is a must. 

Also, switching in general is a great reaction to finish a fight which shows skill and if u play squads, communication and team fire will go along way. Not full proof however u can battle the switch speed now and have alot of knowledge. 

**** they need to fix the auto switch function... give us a way to toggle it off so we dont press to switch guns as the game auto switchs simultaneously.. which would make or character pull back out an empty gun 

Message 3 of 11 (2,418 Views)

Champion

@Akihiro_Hiyoshi  yup the whole remove auto weapon switch has been suggested before.

It's hard to train yourself out of muscle memory habits, this issue used to be my downfall constantly in 1v1 scenarios. :S

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 4 of 11 (2,402 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@hhnbbfggty66 I feel the opposite, it takes longer to reload than switch but should be faster. I feel shotguns need a way to reload faster honestly.
Message 5 of 11 (2,337 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

@hhnbbfggty66
All primary to primary weapon swaps should cause cocking animation to play before weapon is useable.

Holstering a primary weapon uncocks it. Secondary weapon stay cocked while holstered.

Message 6 of 11 (2,330 Views)

★ Guide

@hhnbbfggty66> In real life it would make sence, but very few games work this way and I doubt Apex will. Especially with stocks improving weapon swap.

Message 7 of 11 (2,303 Views)

Community Manager

@MandatoryIDtag wrote:

@Akihiro_Hiyoshi  yup the whole remove auto weapon switch has been suggested before.

It's hard to train yourself out of muscle memory habits, this issue used to be my downfall constantly in 1v1 scenarios. :S

It's coming in a future update. 

Dev Tracker

Blueberry.png
Message 8 of 11 (2,274 Views)

★★★ Novice

Agreed. Weapon swap should be a tactical choice, not a substitute for re-loading. This would also make snipers more viable as it would mean, you use your second weapon and can still out-play an opponent if you both reload instead of him swapping to another smg and ppprrrtttt-ing you dead.

Message 9 of 11 (1,574 Views)

★★ Expert
@hhnbbfggty66 Weapon swapping is just part of the game like strafing and everything else, once I started weapon swapping I started winning more fights against enemies who would try to reload instead of swapping, some loadouts reloading is better like with a R-99 but some weapons like the spitfire are much slower
Message 10 of 11 (1,557 Views)