Please undo the hidden drop rate nerf on the DMR Longbow.

by TheGreenFellow

Original Post

Highlighted

Please undo the hidden drop rate nerf on the DMR Longbow.

★ Guide

I have seen the Longbow a grand total of 1 times since the patch dropped. I've played game after game after game without seeing it.

You didn't list this change in the patch notes, for one thing.

For another, it's very hard to gauge a weapon's changes when it appears less often than the Kraber.

Message 1 of 7 (645 Views)

Re: Please undo the hidden drop rate nerf on the DMR Longbow.

★★★★★ Novice
This might’ve been just bad luck man. I’ve gotten one almost every single game.
Message 2 of 7 (638 Views)

★★★ Guide
Longbow and Triple take have the lowest spawn rates of all weapons outside Legendary loot, I'm pretty sure it's always been this way. Maybe you notice it more now that you're actually looking for them?
Message 3 of 7 (629 Views)

Community Manager

I've been (relatively) drowning in Triple Takes since the update myself, but I've only seen 1 Longbow too. I was never exactly tripping over them

@TheGreenFellow I'm not aware of any drop rate change, I think it's RNG in your case.

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 4 of 7 (613 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I've been seeing an overabundance of Triple Take and G7 Scout since the update as well. I'm absolutely positive I've seen less of the Longbow, more than simple RNG - I've always been keeping an eye out, including before the update.

It seems like an intentional move given the increased appearance of the other snipers instead, likely to counteract the buff it received.

Message 5 of 7 (568 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

@TheGreenFellow wrote:

I've been seeing an overabundance of Triple Take and G7 Scout since the update as well. I'm absolutely positive I've seen less of the Longbow, more than simple RNG - I've always been keeping an eye out, including before the update.

It seems like an intentional move given the increased appearance of the other snipers instead, likely to counteract the buff it received.

https://youtu.be/W9XS23kGAOI?t=203

That video was made after the patch.

You are probably seeing a lot less longbows because people are actually picking it up now since the buff. Scouts and Triple takes didn't get buffed as much as the Long Boi did.

Message 6 of 7 (508 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Longbow is trash, as is the kraber. Games to fast paced. they are good for the first shot and then useless there after unless the enemy is an idiot and engages in a long range fight. Which very few players and certainly no one who is good at the game, is going to do. Don't waste your time on it, just stick to the G7 scout and triple take, they are the only two good ones anyway.

Message 7 of 7 (494 Views)