Re: Please don't reduce muzzle flash!!!

by iBlockHead

Original Post

★★ Expert
@dontgrillmeTTV it looks to me you tracked him pretty well. Not sure what I was looking for there.
Message 31 of 40 (1,103 Views)

★ Apprentice

@iBlockHead good joke? I missed well over half my shots, if you want to see any clips of me "tracking well" here's a full on montage, tell me if you notice a difference https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_2k_gJv5gM

Message 32 of 40 (1,084 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

Please god don't listen to the OP. 

The muzzle flash in this game is the #1 reason why I ragequit. Going to uninstall pretty soon. Spent over $300 on this game so far, but they aren't getting another dime out of me. 

Muzzle flash is entirely antithetical to the core principle of this game, which is fast, accurate, clean movement. So why is the gunplay any different? 

Imagine if they randomly made your character stumble when traversing rocks, that would be more realistc, but it takes you out of the game, this isn't a sim!

I move precisely where i want to move when running, vaulting, jumping around the map. At no point is the FUNDAMENTAL part of the game gimped where I CANNOT do what i'm trying to do. 

With the egregious muzzle flash I can't aim where i want to aim, i can't see the enemy that's shooting at me. 

And "punishing the player for having a "good" gun is utterly ridiculous. First of all, all the guns in the game are more or less balanced, i can get kills with any weapon, PROVIDING I CAN SEE MY [Removed - CM]TARGET. 

This is quickly burning me out, it affects everyone from casuals to prostars. It's taking agency away from me during the EXACT moment when i need it the most. The outcome of a fight should be dependent entirely on who is more accurate. Blinding the player when they're in a firefight is the most aggrevating thing i've experienced in an FPS game in a looong time. 

Message 33 of 40 (1,075 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Expert

@dontgrillmeTTVnot a joke.

You agree that they should reduce muzzle flash and provide one clip of an instance where your aim became a potato and than go and provide a clip of montages where muzzle flash was all fine and you had no issue with aiming.

Not sure what you want. The only difference I saw was maybe a graphics change, in which case, I suggest going back to what you used before. Shadows in your original clip seemed darker than those in the other clip you provided.

EDIT 

all that being said, I do agree there is an issue with muzzle flash but only on PC and I am starting to believe its rather a setting that players are using as I don't see console player or myself have this issue. I barely notice any muzzle flash after putting on a scope of any kind. 

if there is a PC user who isn't having this issue, please share your thoughts on what you see when you are firing at dark corners. 

Message 34 of 40 (1,060 Views)

★ Apprentice

@iBlockHead maybe it isn't a problem for console players, but if Respawn wants their game to stay relevant instead of just pleasing corporate at EA then they'll fix things like this, till then I'll be playing Overwatch till the new CoD comes out for the most part, also audio is a huge issue, loot distribution, rng on hop ups making guns viable or not. Just because it isn't a problem for you on console, doesn't mean you have to advocate against reducing muzzle flash on forums for some weird reason, n my aim didn't go potato, in the clip the target was basically invisible. I could see him a bit better with flatline, but am I not supposed to use the r99 because I can't see anything, well guess so, may as well rule out the other half of the guns in the game with the same issue like the havoc devotion spit r301(which didn't need a nerf btw). Anyways Respawn is doing a good job at keeping people who actually liked the game away from it with their poor updates. Hopefully they fix some things, but when it comes to fixing anything whether it be constant game crashes or muzzle flash, its been 6 months so I highly doubt it.

Message 35 of 40 (1,046 Views)

★ Guide
@Rahaenor "I don't care if you can't see anything while firing, you need to practice". WTF? Someone take this dudes keyboard away.
Message 36 of 40 (1,012 Views)

★ Guide
@Wreck_It_Lopers
Didnt you know? You can totally practice your aim when you cant see what you're shooting at.

When I play Apex I just turn off my monitor entirely so I can get good at shooting targets when I can see anything. One day I hope to land a single shot, too bad I wont be able to tell that I hit it.
Message 37 of 40 (994 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@iBlockHead
Except its not a setting, if it was people would have discovered it by now and everyone would be using it to eliminate their muzzle flash. In fact when it was possible to do so, people actually edited their game configs(not part of the actual in game settings) to remove muzzle flash. If this was possible in game why would they bother with the config?  Respawn removed the ability to do this a few months ago however.

Most competitive PC players put some effort into finding the optimal settings for every game so that it increases their FPS and lowers visual noise. These are also always posted online by multiple people. No one would intentionally use a setting to increase their muzzle flash and if a setting reduced it then it would be widely known by now.

Message 38 of 40 (992 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Any status on this??? I'm already almost out the gate due to this... I do well but when you're fighting against decent players who don't use predicable movement patterns you're left guessing... Bursting isn't an option to get a clear view due to the time to kill and any down time is lost DPS and a missed opportunity to kill fast, loot armor, and keep on going. I'm on PC by the way so I don't have the benefit of "aim assist" to help track while shooting.

This is a real issue... and I'm sure the majority of people who don't see a problem are either casual PC gamers or console players.

Message 39 of 40 (779 Views)

★ Apprentice

bruh, theres a difference between 'skill' and just guessing. like if u cant see your target upon firing but u know hes in cover and u are too and u try to hit a head sized hitbox what u think will happen? you will miss. and what do u do about that? OH EASY JUST USE THE FORCE LUKE....im sure with the blinding muzzle flash you'll land at least a single shot while the enemy destroys u.  it cant be considered weapon balance since it would be unique to each player. who knows? maybe someone just has really dulled eyesight so the flash is negligent for them. cool now its a player advantage before skill is even calculated into every game.....in other words...

AMAZING. EVERY WORD OF WHAT YOU JUST SAID, WAS WRONG 

Message 40 of 40 (757 Views)