Re: Please don't reduce muzzle flash!!!

by Pretzelnutcake

Original Post

Please don't reduce muzzle flash!!!

★★★★★ Novice

Please keep muzzle flash and punish people for having a good gun.

I don't care if you can't see anything while firing. You need to practice and you will get used to it and master it. 

DON'T LISTEN REDDIT POSTS. they just want an easy game. Their only argument is "you clearly haven't played a fps game. you can't do this on a fps game" I don't care if other fps games don't do this. This is apex legends. Muzzle flash and other aspects of the game gives richness to this game. It makes gun choice more versatile in my opinion.

Please don't remove it or reduce it to something that will make it just a cosmetic.

Thanks. 

Message 1 of 40 (3,641 Views)

★★★ Pro
@Rahaenor Funny thing is the people complaining about not playing a FPS have probably never seen a actual weapon being fired lol
Message 2 of 40 (3,607 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@Rahaenor
Ok.... and what exactly is your argument for keeping it? You dont seem to have one. You're just irrationally advocating for a graphical effect thats objectively bad.

There is literally not a single good reason why muzzle flash should be so extreme and that it should completely prevent you from seeing your target.

Guns have numerous balancing levers already, recoil, rarity, muzzle velocity and attachments. Balancing guns around muzzle flash is lazy, stupid and just plain bad.
No other popular FPS game on the market has muzzle flash that is this extreme. Probably because the goal of an FPS is to shoot at and kill your target and an effect that literally blinds you preventing you from seeing your target is detrimental to that goal and moronic. 

Finally your suggestion that one can simply 'practice' or somehow 'master' muzzle flash with skill is patently false and stupid. Skill in an FPS game comes your ability to accurately aim at your target, if you cannot see your target then you cannot aim at them.

With muzzle flash you are literally randomly GUESSING where your target is because you cannot see them. You cannot just 'practice' to compensate for this because there is no skill to develop since skill is aiming and you cannot aim when you cannot see your target.  Muzzle flash actually reduces and limits skill expression since it prevents people with superior aim from landing shots because they cannot aim at something they cant see.

Message 3 of 40 (3,599 Views)

★★★ Pro
@Gidoru If the goal in this game was only to "shoot and kill the target" then they'll allow us to drop in with weapons instead of having to scavenge them, no, the goal is to survive against 19 other squads in a 'as realistic as possible without making it another PUBG' type of game.

And as for a reason besides the obvious realism it brings to the game, imagine someone already good at the game not having to deal with muzzle flash at mid/long ranges
Message 4 of 40 (3,574 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

It adds difficulty to the game. In my OP I said "punish people for having a good gun"

Message 5 of 40 (3,566 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@Pretzelnutcake
So I should imagine myself playing literally every other FPS game on the market in which muzzle flash isnt an issue?

Furthermore the argument of 'realism' is utterly stupid '. This game isnt realistic, its not trying to be realistic is a SCI FI GAME. None of the weapons in this game exist in real life. You cannot do 95% of the things that you can do in this game in real life.
Not to mention the fact that this level of muzzle flash isnt even realistic to begin with. You clearly have only seen weapons fired in Hollywood movies which is 100% fake. Go on youtube and watch weapons being fired, you cant even see the muzzle flash.

Message 6 of 40 (3,553 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@Rahaenor
So as I thought you have no argument whatsoever for why muzzle flash should exist.

Ive already pointed out how muzzle flash does not add difficulty or skill to this game. It only adds randomness and guessing.
Furthermore you are already 'punished' for having a good gun through all the balancing levers i pointed out.

Message 7 of 40 (3,549 Views)

★★ Pro
@Pretzelnutcake I bet most of the guys playing Apex haven't seen huge homosexual Samoans dropping orbital strikes on cheerful robots and guys with metal legs and bad drug addictions either, but hey - since we're on a forum to talk about the game anyway Tongue out
Message 8 of 40 (3,523 Views)

★★★ Pro
@Anlbrd Haven't been to America but what you described sounds like just a regular day there lol
Message 9 of 40 (3,497 Views)

★ Guide

Imo muzzle flash is only an issue with iron sights. This is why I always loot for a sight to attach on most weapons, Wingman is ok without. 

This is potentially a reason why it is a 'thing' as it makes you loot, similar to extended  mags and barrel stabilisers. If these weren't required and you had everything off the bat why would you loot/kill others? 

Message 10 of 40 (3,486 Views)