Re: Please Nerf Armour / Shields.

by Haxwell_Edison

Original Post

Please Nerf Armour / Shields.

★★ Novice

Please could you reduce the effectiveness of the shield.

It is almost impossible to Win a 1 v 3 situation unless the squad are terrible.

I cant count the number of times i have sprayed entire clips into people a 20-30m  away and they don't drop.

Message 1 of 17 (1,110 Views)

★ Guide

Armour just adds health 

Base health is 100

White adds 50

Blue adds 75 

Purple adds 100

Gold is 100 but fully replenishes on finisher

Really it should be impossible to 1v3 unless youre really good or the enemy is bad. Why?

Because its a team game.

Your team should also be spraying into that one guy 20-30 meters away to effectively take someone out.

And still ive not been having much problem killing people. Aim for the head or body. If youre shooting the legs you do a lot less damage. 

Some guns deal more damage than others, some fire faster.

people can heal quickly so if theyre damaged push them before they can heal. Dont give them the chance. 

Message 2 of 17 (1,093 Views)

★★ Novice

Your right mate, games perfect........    

Message 3 of 17 (1,079 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I agree with @PholanxTTV but i also think there is to much health.

Message 4 of 17 (1,077 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Thing is, @PholanxTTV explains the core of the game and how it should be played. And he is right and most points. But it is just frustrating flanking; spaying a whole mag in body and head and that guy still walking over and hide to heal, while his buddys switch target and gun you down. But Weappon damage etc is also discussed alot in this forum. Nerfing the top Tier weappons could be bad since, like it's said, there is to much health. The weappons that don't pop off like scout, peackeeper etc. should be buffed. 

Edit: To sum it up, i don't think Health explicit is the problem (to some degree it is), but the damage of the individual weappons is.

Edit again: I'hv never been one-clipped by a r-99 or r-301 but i sure as hell got ONE-POPPED (with full life/blue armor) with a peacekeeper, it was a good fkn shot but it's nothing any rifle can keep up with.

Message 5 of 17 (1,071 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Okay, i saw what your previous message was before this. And yeah there are some points that i agree on that you said.

but everyone is saying how “they put a whole mag into someone” and they didnt die. After doing some research. 

A fully loaded clip of these guns with no extended mag can deal 200+ damage. Granted you hit all your shots

R-99 - 216

Alternator - 208

Prowler - 280

R-301 - 252

Hemlok - 324

Flatline - 320

Devotion - 748

Spitfire - 700

G7 Scout - 300

and ofcourse the shotguns and snipers

now ofcourse Rate of fire also plays a part in how quickly it can do thag too

Now ofcourse thats if you hit all your shots, thats hard to do when theyre jumping around. So ofcourse time to kill is going to be annoying because you miss some of those shots which is totally fine. But then look at your enemies point of view, chances are they wont always hit all their shots either. And it becomes tedious.

Im not saying the game is perfect but it definitely has some sort of high skill cap and is really unforgiving if you dont hit those shots.

Message 6 of 17 (1,065 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Yeah but i think that's the problem Peacekeeper and sniper do so good. Because rifles do not. You can't hit all thos shots, maybe if u r Shroud etc. But it's frustrating for regular people and regular people is what the game is made of in the end. I'm against any buffs for things people are to bad to pull off (noob buffs or whatever u wanna call it) but it's just frustrating, not getting the same results with a rifle you get with one of the previous mentioned.

Edit: It always looks different in numbers/on paper. But there is still a reason u most likely get rapid fired down by a scout and not by a rifle.

Message 7 of 17 (1,061 Views)

★★ Novice

As far as I'm concerned this topic is in the feedback section to tell the developer how I feel about the shields. 

If you like them  so much, write a counter a topic 

Youtside could inuds how good think it is that when someone sneaks right up on you, has you bang to rights. And you have time to turn round and down them with not skill because you have purple shield

Message 8 of 17 (1,044 Views)

★ Guide
"It is almost impossible to Win a 1 v 3 situation"

Good!

Friggin window-lickers.
Message 9 of 17 (1,025 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
I don't personally have any issue with the amount of health you can have in this game or the TTK, just... The automatics have waaay too little damage potential per mag. Why does a T3 extended mag give you what would be a normal-sized mag? That's the reason why snipers, shotguns and LMGs, and the revolver are what people generally use. Why pick a rifle that requires over half of its T3 ext. mag to kill one guy, when you can grab a stock Peacekeeper and relatively easily down two people with 1-2 shells left, for way less effort? Way easier to land 2-3 solid hits with a shotgun than 15~ rounds from an automatic. Even more so when you only have 18-20 rounds if you don't find an mag extension. And SMGs are even worse off!

Anyway, rant over. Tweak mag sizes for peacekeeper, SMGs, pistols and ARs, and things will be better.
Message 10 of 17 (1,012 Views)