Please Give G7 Hammer Points! (G7's skull-piercer)

by hhnbbfggty66

Original Post

Re: Please Give G7 Hammer Points! (G7's skull-piercer)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Or how about we just buff the G7's base damage, its a * dmr/sr for * sake.

Message 11 of 18 (346 Views)

★★ Expert

In all honesty, if you guys want a buff for the G7, let there be a buff for the G7. I'm more than happy to knock players down even faster :eahigh_file:

Message 12 of 18 (335 Views)

★★★ Pro

I wished the G7 did 35 damage. I would use it more because I drop and pick it up and do 90 damage to someone without missing and they down me first which is complete bull. Sure a headshot would have did 60 but if it was 35 damage I would do 105 to them and win. 

I would also use 301/G7 more often. Havoc G7 etc. 

Message 13 of 18 (330 Views)

★★★ Pro
@Subtle_Tactics No,
All weapons must be hopped up to become end game.
If a weapon is endgame out the box, it is game breaking.
For instance, the r301 is pretty bad without a barrel stabilizer.
I know it is hard to believe, but yes the r301 is bad without a barrel stabilizer.
You can not beam people with a 2x or 3x acog until you get at least a level 2 barrel stabilizer.
And I usually get a level 2 or 3 barrel stabilizer for my r301 by mid game, making my r301 endgame.
So the G7 should have a hop up that makes it endgame as well.
The G7 should be okay early but be a beast by mid to endgame.
And the Hammer-Points hop up would be perfect for this.
The Hammer Points could deal 50 damage to flesh.
This will allow you to down someone with 2-shots after breaking their shields. which is pretty good, and down someone after 1 headshot after breaking their shields.
This will allow you to make more knockdowns after breaking shields.
And with the shield-meta, anyone that does not instantly take cover and recharge their shields after it is broken deserves to be knocked.
Keeping your shields up as a buffer over your health is this games meta, and anyone that decides to fight at range with no shields deserves to be punished and knocked.
Message 14 of 18 (315 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@iBlockHead Idk if I would say the Longbow has a low fire rate. The Kraber has a low fire rate. Also js cuz I think its a bug with the fortified passive, but my G7 was doing 23 dmg to caustic in the body, so you actually need to hit 9 shots if hes rocking lvl 3 armor, not 3-4. Imho, the g7 could get a slight fire rate nerf (right now its 4.55 shots a second, make it 3 and deal 35 damage or something), its a freaking "sniper rifle" after all, if you want a gun you can spam at distance click your r-301 on single or something. The only reason it's "better" than the wingman is the access to sights and decked out its a decent weapon in general but it doesn't even do much better than a pistol! So rework it to be more of a sniping weapon or let players have a shot at getting a nice hop up that makes it better in the late game where you run into everyone else with hopped up snipers and such. All this is coming from someone who opts to pick up the g7 in general but also sees that when it comes to late game and they have either their choke or skullpiercer its very difficult to win trades and kill outright without hitting 4-8 shots. An analogy would be like if I had a p2020 and someone had a g7 and I was trying to out-trade this person. Even if I shoot twice as fast I also have to hit twice as much. I don't think its bad for certain guns to ask more of a player to take advantage of but I still think either the G7 needs a rework, or a hop-up you can feel good about taking into the late game, even if that's literally just letting it take skullpiercer.
Message 15 of 18 (277 Views)

★★ Pro
@hhnbbfggty66 This would make the G7 the strongest gun in the game by far. It's not a balanced suggestion at all.
Message 16 of 18 (272 Views)

★★★ Pro
@Dragonborn206 Yelp, good Sir your deserve an XP.
1 XP for you
Message 17 of 18 (267 Views)

★★ Expert
@Dragonborn206 when it comes to firerate of snipers, G7 is on top, than Longbow, and than Kraber.

Each doing significantly more damage than the other. The G7 is suppose to lay down fire from far with great accuracy,
the Longbow is a basic, hit two headshots and their down, kind of sniper. It does have a slower fire rate and much more recoil so you can't really fire it over and over with good accuracy unless you have the right attachments. But the same could be said about the G7.
Kraber is a monster if you hit any part of the body and the fire rate doesn't allow for two shots to be fired off quickly. Balanced well, as all things should be.

My point is, the G7 isn't suppose to do as much or close to the same damage as a Longbow. The Longbow requires a legendary attachment to be at its fullest, which isn't easy to find.

Its like the whole deal with the Alt. being weak so they gave it a hop up and it turned players to butter early season. And even without the hop up, its still viable end game with all its attachments -hopup. That doesn't seem right.

Suuuure picking up a R-301 could do the same, but it does way less damage and if you want to be rewarded for landing those head shots and hitting consecutively from far in a short span, the G7 is the gun for you.

Otherwise go pick up a Longbow and problem solved.
Message 18 of 18 (261 Views)