Please Give G7 Hammer Points! (G7's skull-piercer)

by hhnbbfggty66

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Please Give G7 Hammer Points! (G7's skull-piercer)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

Please give the G7 the hammer point Hop up to deal 45 or 50 damage to flesh!

The Longbow have the powerful skull-piercer hop up.

I have heard from many players that the G7 is a very underwhelming Sniper rifle.

And I can personally attest to this matter.

I have been overwhelmed by the long bow many times in a sniper duel.

The DPS the longbow can put-out make the G7 feel like a red ryder pellet gun at long ranges.

The longbow hits like a Semi-Truck.... Each shot is like a powerful punch with one random headshot you are a goner.

I believe the G7 could benefit from the hammerpoint hop up and bring it inline with the longbow.

The G7 with hammerpoint rounds would not be over powered if it dealt 45 or 50 damage to flesh.

The longbow deals 55 damage per shot and the wingman deals 45, and 100+ damage for headshots with the skull piercer hop up.

I believe the hammerpoint rounds could be the G7's version of skull-piercer.

Message 1 of 18 (706 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Please Give G7 Hammer Points! (G7's skull-piercer)

★★★★ Guide

G7 is kinda the odd man out with this season.....it's a meh sniper, a half decent CQB until a better choice comes along, better than a P2020 or 'bique for midrange......

It does nothing well, but doesn't straight out suck......

View in thread

Message 3 of 18 (672 Views)

All Replies

★★ Expert
@hhnbbfggty66 I believe the G7 has a much higher DPS than the Longbow which is why I believe it does not have a hop up. It simply does not need it. It deals out a decent amount of damage over a short amount of time vs the Longbow which does high amounts of it in longer intervals.
Message 2 of 18 (687 Views)

★★★★ Guide

G7 is kinda the odd man out with this season.....it's a meh sniper, a half decent CQB until a better choice comes along, better than a P2020 or 'bique for midrange......

It does nothing well, but doesn't straight out suck......

Message 3 of 18 (673 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

@iBlockHead

It caps out mid game!

The longbow easily out DPS it.
The r301 easily best it as a medium range ar.

Message 4 of 18 (665 Views)

★★ Pro

G7 is godlike atm in the right hands after the sniper buff patch ages ago.  It definitely doesn't need a buff.

LEAB MY GEESIVVIN LONE

Message 5 of 18 (645 Views)

★★ Expert
@hhnbbfggty66 as @Anlbrd said, if you use it right, there shouldn't be an issue.

The higher fire rate makes it good for laying cover fire at long range and with a good scope, you should be able to hit 3-4 shots straight and break a lvl 3 shield.
The G7 is not suppose to deal so much damage given it carries more ammo per clip and fires decently fast.

G7 can hold its own against a Longbow. The fire rate makes a lot of difference if you're able to land your shots before they can land a second shot on you.
Message 6 of 18 (626 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

okay

Message 7 of 18 (621 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Expert

@hhnbbfggty66I assume you know how much damage each does per shot and placement.

Of course the Longbow does way more damage and can knock a player with 1 or 2 headshots with its hop up, but thats all based on the players skill. If the enemy cant hit their shots in a row, you can counter that by spraying them with the G7 where all you need to do is land 3-4 out of 10 shots, body or head.

Were not anything like that, we just understand what makes each gun different and don't want multiple guns that are pretty much the same.
G7 is a light gun = high fire rate, low damage vs
Longbow, which is a heavy = low fire rate, high damage.

EDIT:

I see you added that "scared of being killed" part. Its not that anyone's scared of being killed. Im pretty sure ive killed more enemies with the G7 than the Longbow, all because I could lay down more fire, not allowing them to peak at me safely. 

Message 8 of 18 (613 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

okay

Message 9 of 18 (607 Views)

★★ Expert

Why does it sound like non-sense? 

Most people with a brain wouldn't continue to fire at someone who just broke their shield and has taken health damage after. I have a nice 5 min clip on my xbox profile showing how I out sniped 3 others, two of which were using Longbows, all because I could put more shots into them before they could get a second shot off on me.

If you find it difficult to use a G7, don't pick it up. The Kraber is an insane sniper but I don't every pick it up because I find the fire rate too slow for me who's use to spraying down fire and finding the right place to put my crosshairs after.

Message 10 of 18 (601 Views)