Remove the charge rifle.

by jmhdog23

Original Post

Remove the charge rifle.

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Let’s be real here. The charge rifle is whack and sure it’s obviously not the best gun in the game and of course the Eva-8 is still the most broken thing. But you have to admit the charge rifle has no business being in the game. The type of players that use it are the type of players that shouldn’t be playing ranked and getting into plat and higher…

I just believe the charge rifle requires minimal skill and I really don’t think anyone would miss this stupid gun. So I guess this post could hopefully be used to remove it. I’d post about the Eva 8 again but there’s already enough posts about that…

[CM - Edited to remove profanity and petition]

Message 1 of 10 (3,352 Views)

Re: Petition to remove the charge rifle.

★★★ Pro
@jmhdog23 Well the charge rifle (like every gun added) isn't going anywhere. People spent money on skins, being the biggest reason. All you can do is get good and predict the tracking. It shoots fast but you can after that initial shot out maneuver the beam in a split second just by moving to the side, stopping while being tracked, or sliding.
Message 2 of 10 (3,317 Views)

★ Guide
@jmhdog23 The charge rifle is used a ton in higher rank play man. I like snipers so I pick it up on occasion. I get that the hitscan nature makes it seem cheap compared to the gun's other snipers, but it does require some patience and timing to use well in ranked.
Message 3 of 10 (3,275 Views)

@papahandsoap It's not even the hit-scan which makes the charge rifle overpowered. Under optimal conditions, it deals 90 body damage. It deals 2 more body damage than an amped sentinel, and even if you miss the initial blast, you can still deal some damage which "compensates" the miss. So it's not as punishing.

Next, your aim is thrown off with every tick of damage you take. So in a sniper fight, landing your shots will be harder because even the ticks alone are enough to deviate your aim. Which in turn makes it extremely difficult to land your shots. Trust me, it becomes especially frustrating when you have a Kraber in your hands and your opponent with a charge rifle makes hitting difficult.

Next is the beam size. You need to see the freaking size of that beam. How about you just obstruct my view entirely? Make the beam have the intensity of the sun or something.

I have used the charge rifle for a long while before I switched to Longbow and Sentinel, and it was so easy to get knocks and kills, it's unbelievable. You may as well introduce an Assault Rifle with instantaneous beams so you can literally beam people with no effort.
Message 4 of 10 (3,197 Views)

★★ Expert
@jmhdog23 Its true the charge rifle can’t be removed because of the skins players have purchased but that doesn’t mean they can’t completely rework the gun or change the beam to be something else that is more balanced or couldn’t be as easily abused by hackers with a continuous beam that never stops like what has been happening for about a year now...
Message 5 of 10 (3,173 Views)

★ Guide
@TheApexLegendNub They should never have added a hitscan weapon into the game. Ranked is getting attacked by revtanes while another squad 100s of meters away dinks you with charge rifles for cheeky downs and evo upgrades.
Message 6 of 10 (3,146 Views)

Re: Remove the charge rifle.

★★ Guide
@jmhdog23 Its really only the decent sniper and its not even that strong, 4 shots and then a long * reload time so you have plenty of time to heal up and reposition yourself.
Message 7 of 10 (3,056 Views)

Re: Remove the charge rifle.

★★ Apprentice
@jmhdog23 so i love sniping in this game for the most part. the variety is decent and its not a no recoil no drop sniping game like some COD and BF.

but the complaints about the charge rifle i feel are strange. the length of reload on this weapon is 3.2-3.4 seconds. thats really long. this gun need to hit the whole beam to do the higher end of damage on it. a 3 tic here and there isnt really that big a deal.

so for those that dont SNIPE like actually snipe heres some things you might not realize.
1.it gives away your position very clearly with every shot.
2.the reload time on it is insanely long. you could jumpad to them and they would still be reloading.
3.the damage is 90 if a full beam hits them. but the average is closer to 40-60dmg for most players.
4. this gun more often then not needs to reload just when your about to finish someone.

positives?
1.direct fire so where you point is what you hit.
2.can have a slowing effect on enemies being shot. that said alot of guns have this already but to a lesser state.
3. the damage is adequate.
4. there are NO UPGRADES for this gun. you can use this with or without sight, with or without a stock and it changes very little about it. this is kind of both a positive and negative. you dont have to worry about them shooting more shots then 8. but that means the gun has no growth room. its as strong as it will get the moment you pick it up.

if you really want them to change it the only thing i could think of is have it have a charge shot vice a ramp shot.(charges the shot internally before letting out a 90dmg burst all at once so theres no little 3 dmg tiks)

this guns more of a harassment type gun then it is a sniper. to put people on edge, to have them panic.

just my analysis.
Message 8 of 10 (3,016 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Unfortunately you're right about it not going anywhere, terrible idea to put it in the game, just like Caustic it's high reward for low skill which is stupid for any game.

To 'get good' is unfortunately only a 5 minute job, that's the problem.

Message 9 of 10 (1,916 Views)

★★★★★ Pro
@Deaf_left_ear I disagree with your entire post, caustic is not op, he’s absolute trash currently, and the charge rifle is fine.
Message 10 of 10 (1,902 Views)