One patch every 3 months is NOT enough

by papahandsoap

Original Post

One patch every 3 months is NOT enough

★ Guide

Weapon balancing (especially when done by devs who are clearly not experienced enough in the game to understand how weapons can be exploited) is not a "yeah we'll fix that next patch" deal in a real competitive game. I don't want to reach armchair developer territory, but I work with software - it is NOT that hard to understand how things like the Spitfire got so strong that they refused to try to nerf it and just threw it in CP. It is NOT hard to get how the LSTAR has become more menacing than the spitfire ever was. These are tweaks that can be developed and tested within a day, with patches coming out in a week. The bow was a joke on release, the volt was a joke on release, the LSTAR is a joke in season 10... 

On top of this they introduce an Arena mode without any regard for how weapon metas will be used/abused in it. I'm really getting tired of the way they refuse to maintain this game save for one event every season that releases paid skins. 

Message 1 of 13 (1,031 Views)

Re: One patch every 3 months is NOT enough

★ Guide

i think they just want to cater to noobs wich makes the whole game unplayable.

a new patch every 3 months would be a good time if they were a little less radical with their weapon 'balancing'. they change way too many things at once and cant keep track of whats good. they only look at their data and dont care what the players say. the lstar for example didn't need a buff at all you just had to wiggle a bit and stop shooting when not on target i think many ppl just dont enjoy lmg gameplay but their data says nobody is using lmg so lets buff it. it seems they just want everyone to play lmg +shotgun for 5 seasons straight. i believe the game would always feel fresh if you could choose what weapon you want to play instead of having to play lstar and eva every round and getting rekt if you dont have them. why would you play r99 if you have to hit 90% of your shots if you could just play lstar and eva and wipe 3 squads without reloading. when you have 13 out of 28 weapon that are bad/unplayable and you still only care about the 3 op guns thats just stupid.

they were on good tracks very often (seasons 2,3,4,5 )but they just always screw up for whatever reason.

Message 2 of 13 (903 Views)

★★ Guide
@Mortal-san If you think about it, if they cater to noobs that brings more players. Us players that have been playing for years just need to adapt
Message 3 of 13 (891 Views)

★ Guide

@DreNH17 i don't think so …it may be nice for a short time but if you have to learn a new weapon every season (since they nerfed the other guns to the ground) it makes the game much harder for noobs. new players don't know about the meta and get destroyed by it until they find out.

old players will instantly addept and completely destroy the noobs for 3 weeks.

i believe it would be much better if all the weapons were balanced so you can choose a weapon depending on your playstyle and cofidnce. the eva has dominated the meta for 3 seasons now and the lstar started dominating after the spitfire went into the care package. lmg+shotgun is THE gun meta for like 4 seasons straight and i think its stale af. i'd much rather see a meta that isn't dominated by 2 guns all the time so you can play whatever you feel like instead of beeing forced to play the same 2 guns every round. 

just look at arenas the seems to be a code of honor not to play lstar but if 1 team breaks the rule everybody plays it …for me thats the equivalent of a noob tube.

CS:GO is a great example for a game that has like no updates at all. the same weapon meta for like 4 years and still caters to pros and noobs alike because of its consistency and generaly fair and mostly fun matchmaking. if he onetaps you consitently he is clearly better but apex just feels random and biast. 

playing apex without lstar+eva feels like playing MW2 without acr or akimbo glocks. i don't see the fun in playing the same gun every round at all neither for noobs nor pros.

a good game makes you want to improve gameplay wise not exploit its mechanics. 

Message 4 of 13 (868 Views)

★★ Guide
@Mortal-san I mean what can they do, its hard making a new gun meta due to all the players complaining if the gun is even the slightest op. Not saying it's impossible but it's hard, there aren't a lot of things they can do except buff and nerf or maybe add some gun that is uniquely different from others. Also, if all guns were perfectly balanced to the point where they are all the same, this game will die quickly because it's boring and you don't get a thrill pit of it because all you did was shoot first. You need to have a thrill when you are fighting someone with a much different gun and you outbeat them or they outbeat you which makes you think about your next weapon approach.
Message 5 of 13 (854 Views)

★★ Guide
@Mortal-san Take R6 Seige for instance they have very unique guns that are each stronger and weaker in many ways but you can still kill someone with a stronger gun than you even if you barely make it out alive. If seige just had all Attackers with the same AR's and all Defenders with the same SMG's then the game would be boring and would have no skill, it would just matter who shot who first.
Message 6 of 13 (853 Views)

★ Guide

@DreNH17 1.no offence but siege is trash

2. apex should be about skill and your skill with different guns to be able to use all the gun mechanics whatever they are. but right now its just lstar and eva. play lstar you win play any other gun you die. shotguns dominated the meta for almost 5 seasons in a row. you talk about meta changes? a little less than half the guns are completely useless there is no reason to pick them up at all since you die 9/10 times while using them.

3. sieges guns are tied to an operator thats why they vary in strengh maybe apex could do that in a seperate mode but i guess thats not an option for br

Message 7 of 13 (833 Views)

★★ Guide
@Mortal-san Oh believe me ik seige is bad, it's luck based when it comes to fights, I do agree Eva-8 us really strong, but I rarely use shotguns anymore because Pk is * imo and Eva isn't my playstyle. L-Star isn't that strong as people are making it to be.
Message 8 of 13 (823 Views)

★ Guide

@DreNH17 yes it is it was strong even before the buff the spitfire was just easier.

lstar:

• no reload
  • no recoil (just wiggle)
  • you can carry like 400bullets ez
  • 2x+3x sights for ez snipes
  • no reload
  • 28 rounds before overheat
  • 16-38 damage per round
  • enemy can't see you clearly(visual clutter)
  • bullets are still bigger than normal ones
  • tiny hipfire spread up close compared to smgs
  • you can wipe 1 to like 6 squads without reloading or picking up ammo
  • and in case i forgot you never have to reload there is also no need to stop shooting because you can still singlefire/burst so your gun never overheats +the cooldown is super short (its like a minigame you only have to reload when your timing is off) .

compare that to the re-45 or the 30-30 or even the r99 

Message 9 of 13 (814 Views)

★★ Guide
@Mortal-san Well its an Energy LMG and it's supposed to be able to spray down people, Spitfire did the same thing and yall complained about it and look where it is now..CP. An LMG is meant to be strong and powerful, if that's the case with an L-Star then just stay back and fight from afar because it doesn't do that well with long range.
Message 10 of 13 (805 Views)